Texas Fishing Forum

Bluegill Fishing Guides

Posted By: Hooked on fishing

Bluegill Fishing Guides - 01/16/24 02:24 AM

Are there any guides in Texas that can take you out and catch some big bluegills? Like guided trips for Bluegills.
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Bluegill Fishing Guides - 01/16/24 03:13 AM

Hooked...There are some...Lake Conroe has a few...google lake Conroe guides and they will come up. One that comes up for bluegill or sunfish is "Lake Conroe Licensed Fishing Guides". There used to be one on lake Fairfield that I knew of before the lake shut down. Not sure where he is now. Pete Dodge might do sunfish trips on Fayette County Lake in the summer. What part of Texas are you looking at ? Also, I doubt if any of them will be booking trips for sunfish until the spring...hope this helps a little...
Posted By: Hooked on fishing

Re: Bluegill Fishing Guides - 01/16/24 05:39 AM

Yep. This was exactly what I was looking for. I was just thinking about lake conroe since they get some pretty big bluegills from there. Thank you!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Bluegill Fishing Guides - 01/16/24 04:33 PM

I think Athens also has a guide or two who will go after Bluegill. hmmm
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Bluegill Fishing Guides - 01/16/24 04:34 PM

The Bluegill spawned from the end of May through June last year on Conroe. After that they moved out to the brush piles in deeper water. I spoke with the game warden out there and that seems to be the typical pattern.

There are several videos of kayakers catching them during that period. They launch out of Cagle and fish the coves south of there.

There are a couple guides I've heard or seen on Conroe that also chase sunfish if requested. On of them calls into Captain Mickey's outdoor show on Saturday mornings. The other I see posting on the 2Cool fishing forum is SK's Crappie fishing.
Posted By: Strugglebus

Re: Bluegill Fishing Guides - 01/16/24 05:39 PM

I have had a lot of luck catching big bream just dock fishing at Conroe with worms and crickets.
Posted By: texcajun

Re: Bluegill Fishing Guides - 02/03/24 05:34 AM

Drop this fella a line. While he primarily fished for crappie, he'll be happy to put you on some bluegill. skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum