Texas Fishing Forum

Big Rios are on the Prowl

Posted By: Catyakker

Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/19/18 06:41 PM

The Guadalupe may be tainted with all the rain but yesterday produced a Rio a little over 10" and this morning one bit my worm which went 10 3/4". Whoopee!! The fall bite is about to bust wide open. banana

Posted By: Vogey

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/19/18 07:00 PM

Whoa! ...those r monsters...was that on Dunlap ?

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/19/18 07:15 PM

Vogey, on the river near Dunlap. grin Forgot to mention, about all the 10-11 inch Redears which are getting active too.

bouncy
Posted By: Flags

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/19/18 08:07 PM

Man I need to get down there and catch one of those. I don't know why they are on my bucket list but they are!
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/19/18 09:58 PM

Catyakker...Forgot to mention ! How could u forget to mention the "King of the Sunfish" detail. OK...That does it...heading to Dunlap for sure next week...hope the rain this weekend don't mess it up...
Posted By: FishTheBite

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/19/18 11:36 PM

Nice Rios! I too am going to have to travel a little further south and see if I can't catch a couple. My family used to catch quite a few out of Mathis. Haven't seen one in person since I was a kid.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/20/18 01:18 AM

Very nice rios thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/20/18 03:29 AM

Rick you have been on a "ROLE"! Hitting those holes has paid off for you this month. Great job on both finding and catching a BUNCH of Trophy Fish! rockon
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/20/18 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Rick you have been on a "ROLE"! Hitting those holes has paid off for you this month. Great job on both finding and catching a BUNCH of Trophy Fish! rockon

Sorry Chuck, but you asked for it with that comment on Catyakker ! Fish on bros !! roflmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/20/18 05:02 AM

Originally Posted By: doctorxring

Sorry Chuck, but you asked for it with that comment on Catyakker ! Fish on bros !! roflmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Between Rick and Jamie,aka J-Moe they have stacked up some records this year! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/20/18 01:17 PM

Those are some HOGS! Good job Catyakker. Are you catching any on the fly? woot

Side Note: This has been my best Rio year so far! Been catching nice ones all year long. hooked

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/20/18 03:28 PM

Thanks all for the comments. Laker, I haven't used any of my fly rods for several months. Thanks to Banker I just about got converted to Ultra Lite spinning tackle and night crawlers, a whole lot simpler. Oops, well maybe. I fish in cycles. dance2
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/20/18 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Catyakker
Thanks all for the comments. Laker, I haven't used any of my fly rods for several months. Thanks to Banker I just about got converted to Ultra Lite spinning tackle and night crawlers, a whole lot simpler. Oops, well maybe. I fish in cycles. dance2

Awesome Rios thumb I'm really glad you've taken up spinning gear. Now you can stop breaking all my records and start breaking Chuck's records instead grin

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/20/18 05:36 PM

Between Rick and Jamie,aka J-Moe they have stacked up some records this year! thumb [/quote]

I've set 55 records so far this year. Been a great year.

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/20/18 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: J-Moe

Between Rick and Jamie,aka J-Moe they have stacked up some records this year! thumb

I've set 55 records so far this year. Been a great year. [/quote]

frkazoid
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/21/18 12:17 AM

I've set 55 records so far this year. Been a great year.

I wish it wasn't so far to drive, I would love to catch some of those big square headed suckers!
I would dig up some of these foot long east Texas worms and set some records!
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/21/18 02:04 PM

I've set 55 records so far this year. Been a great year. [/quote]

OMG
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/22/18 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Catyakker

I still fish with both ultralight and fly fishing gear! Love those sunnies and Rios! woot
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/25/18 12:24 AM

Wow j-moe just wow..... and rick I tried em today on mcweeny and caught a 11.3/4" cow rio first Rio and big fish in three months I released it so you can catch it lol

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/25/18 09:31 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread Rick. Hopefully the tip I gave you on those 40 lb. carp will make up for it. grin

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/26/18 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Wildman of the navidad
Wow j-moe just wow..... and rick I tried em today on mcweeny and caught a 11.3/4" cow rio first Rio and big fish in three months I released it so you can catch it lol

WOW. You just can't find a better buddy then one who throws back a BIG ONE for you. Banker caught one the same size last week at the same spot and returned it for just you and me. I spent 4 hours after him today and could only catch a little 10 1/2" Redear. I wrote your name on it with a magic marker Clayton, and returned him just for you so he could grow up. lizard
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/26/18 08:46 AM

roflmao
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/27/18 05:48 AM

WTG Catyakker nice rios!

Re: Big Rios are on the Prowl - 09/28/18 02:02 AM

Thanks Pot Licker. soldier
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum