Texas Fishing Forum

Caddo

Posted By: Dfitz

Caddo - 08/14/18 05:27 PM

This is a nice little river. Clear water, shallow riffles, deep pools and tree sweepers. There are hungry Sunfish everywhere, and they were dressed to impress. A few times Bass would charge out of their hiding spots and make a go at eating my hooked Longear, sadly the Sunfish were a little too big to swallow. But I did catch a few Bass the more traditional way on streamers, one was a real nice Spot, 2 good Smallmouth that put on an impressive aerial parade and then a couple more little Smallmouth. This was my first time there, I didn't get as much time on the water as I'd like, but now know what to expect and how to cover more water my next go around. Hope you enjoy the pics.

]

Posted By: pop r

Re: Caddo - 08/14/18 07:32 PM

thumb Well done sir. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Caddo - 08/14/18 11:48 PM

Solid post and solid fish. Good job Andrew! thumb

Side Note: Love your fishing buddy. cheers Also did you get a lot of rain in your area? hmmm
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Caddo - 08/15/18 01:07 PM

Nice post and fish Fritz. Love those clear water places to fish. woot
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: Caddo - 08/16/18 10:18 AM

Nice looking fish!
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Caddo - 08/18/18 02:45 PM

Awesome post Fitz!

Re: Caddo - 08/18/18 03:48 PM

Thanks for the replies Pop R, Chuck, Curtis, Hunter and Gitter
Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Also did you get a lot of rain in your area? hmmm

Chuck, it rained a ton while I was at the Caddo and NTX got a bunch of rain as well. I think we are in pretty good shape up here.

How are things down there and in the Canyon?

Re: Caddo - 08/19/18 05:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Fitz�
Thanks for the replies Pop R, Chuck, Curtis, Hunter and Gitter
Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Also did you get a lot of rain in your area? hmmm

Chuck, it rained a ton while I was at the Caddo and NTX got a bunch of rain as well. I think we are in pretty good shape up here.

How are things down there and in the Canyon?

The Canyon got a lot of rain! Nueces River was over 10 feet out of it's bank. The Canyon is in great shape! The Sabinal Valley also got some good rain. thumb

Re: Caddo - 08/19/18 01:25 PM

Say Andrew do you take your dog a lot with you while fishing? Do you have a portable cage/kennel to transport it in? It seems to enjoy being in the water! Great fishing buddy for sure. woot

Side Note: Will be moving into a house from an apartment this upcoming February. Thinking about getting a dog! hmmm

Re: Caddo - 08/19/18 02:32 PM

Fitz always seems to be fishing with his dogs! Nice fishing buddies for sure! I fish with several friends who always take their dogs along!

Re: Caddo - 08/19/18 06:08 PM

It all depends where and how I'm fishing. They sometimes come along if I'm walking a creek or lake. Might try how one will do on a kayak this Fall, but doubt I will like the extra 50lbs of weight, plus the moving and shifting weight/balance, I can already see me flipping and then having to corral the dog while my gear floats away and I struggle to belly slide back on. Think I just talked myself out of trying that. haha

I don't bring a crate, but there are metal ones out there that collapse and take up very little space when not in use.

Congrats Curtis on moving into a house, dogs are great, nothing in the world is friendlier than a wet dog.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Caddo - 08/21/18 10:48 PM

Great post and nice pics Fitzï¿1/2 cheers

Re: Caddo - 08/22/18 02:44 AM

Thanks Pot Licker

Re: Caddo - 08/22/18 10:20 AM

happybday Buddy! balloons With many more to follow! partyon

Re: Caddo - 08/22/18 10:37 AM

happybday Fitz! happybday Hope you have a great one! balloons

Re: Caddo - 08/22/18 05:10 PM

Thanks Chuck and Curtis.

Doing some Bday fishing at Texoma later. thumb

Re: Caddo - 08/22/18 06:17 PM

happybday Fitz! Can't think of a better way to spend it. "FISHING"! Hope you catch a bunch. balloons

Re: Caddo - 08/24/18 03:57 PM

Thanks Gitter, cheers
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: Caddo - 08/25/18 04:40 AM

Awesome pics the last two I'd say are tff cover photo worthyrockon

Re: Caddo - 08/25/18 04:41 AM

And happy belated birthday

Re: Caddo - 08/29/18 09:46 PM

Whats up Clayton! Thanks for the compliments. You been fishing?

Re: Caddo - 08/29/18 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Fitz�
Whats up Clayton! Thanks for the compliments. You been fishing?

I think Clayton has forgot how! whip whip whip

Side Note: I do know he was been WORKING a lot! thumb
Posted By: stoneman2

Re: Caddo - 08/30/18 04:05 PM

nice
Posted By: Timberking

Re: Caddo - 08/31/18 01:15 PM

Love the Caddo. Grew up in Malvern and used to float before DeGray was built. The Ouachita is enjoyable also.

Re: Caddo - 09/05/18 02:22 AM

Thanks stoneman2 and Timberking.

Timberking- Do you still fish the Caddo?

Re: Caddo - 09/05/18 03:28 AM

Haven't been in a month an a half or so been super busy with work and the new baby girl being born I'll be out for another month prolly but I'm glad to see nobody's cutting the slabs any slack

Re: Caddo - 09/05/18 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Wildman of the navidad
Haven't been in a month an a half or so been super busy with work and the new baby girl being born I'll be out for another month prolly but I'm glad to see nobody's cutting the slabs any slack

Congratulations on your baby girl! cheers

Re: Caddo - 09/05/18 12:52 PM

Congratulations Wildman of the navidad on your new baby girl! You will be having her fishing before you know it!

Re: Caddo - 09/06/18 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Congratulations Wildman of the navidad on your new baby girl! You will be having her fishing before you know it!

He is already teaching her to bait a hook! hooked Congratulations Clayton. thumb
Posted By: ZzzKing

Re: Caddo - 09/07/18 06:42 PM

There is no such thing as “a good fishing dog”. smile

Re: Caddo - 09/08/18 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Thats awesome Clayton, congrats buddy. balloons

Hopefully when I come down to visit Banker in October you will be able to get away and we can go to XXXXX where that gigantic Bass dwells you saw earlier in the year.

Re: Caddo - 09/08/18 12:34 PM

Hey Andrew. Do Longear and Rios get along together in an aquarium? Also what sunfish does the best in an aquarium? noidea

Re: Caddo - 09/23/18 07:42 PM

Curtis- Longear and Rio's will be fine. I have a Rio, Nueces Longear, White River Longear, and Neches Longear all in the same tank.

The most important things to consider when making your "stock" list for predator aquariums is; 1) similar size of fish and 2) hiding places.

If you put in a big Sunny and little Sunny, it does not matter the species variation, the little fish will get beat up by fin nipping and will not get enough food.

They need to have their own "area" of hiding spots (I like using driftwood I collected, its free and looks natural) which they will defend when encroached.

I'm excited to hear about your setup and look forward to pics.

I should update My 225 thread with some new pics as well.

cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum