Texas Fishing Forum

Test run for a new 4wt and a local park pond

Posted By: Mitt78

Test run for a new 4wt and a local park pond - 07/01/18 07:14 PM

I got a new 4wt so I grabbed my gear and headed out. My usual place is starting to get hazy and dry out so went and tried a local pond. There is hardly any structure or shade so I wasn't expecting much in this heat. I ended up mostly fishing where a storm drain feeds in to the pond and got about 8 of these. I really love this new rod but I still need to find another local place to fish.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Test run for a new 4wt and a local park pond - 07/01/18 09:28 PM

Nice fat Bluegill. Good job on the fly! hooked

Side Note: I fish with several fly anglers and they really love their fly fishing. What is your take on fly fishing? Again nice fish and post. thumb
Posted By: Mitt78

Re: Test run for a new 4wt and a local park pond - 07/01/18 10:02 PM

Thanks, I love the fight, it’s just you against the fish. No mechanical advantage and my drag system is the click pawl system and my palm on the reel if needed. But what I really like is seeing a fish rise and take a fly I have tied.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Test run for a new 4wt and a local park pond - 07/02/18 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Mitt78
Thanks, I love the fight, it’s just you against the fish. No mechanical advantage and my drag system is the click pawl system and my palm on the reel if needed. But what I really like is seeing a fish rise and take a fly I have tied.

I think that is totally AWESOME! I have always enjoyed watching the fly anglers I fish with. It is an art and the casting and bait presentation has to be right on for a trophy fish. A fly angler also puts a lot of effort in every cast and works hard for every fish. I have a lot of respect for the "Fly Anglers"! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Test run for a new 4wt and a local park pond - 07/02/18 08:40 PM

Great way to break in a new fly rod with some hungry pond gills. Good job. woot

Side Note: I have a 4wt and LOVE it! hooked
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Test run for a new 4wt and a local park pond - 07/05/18 12:32 PM

Nice slab. Love these fly fishing post! Good job.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Test run for a new 4wt and a local park pond - 07/05/18 01:33 PM

Thats nice, its really rewarding when you catch fish on a fly or jig you tie yourself. WTG! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum