Texas Fishing Forum

Weekly Fishing Report 6-28-18!

Posted By: Laker One

Weekly Fishing Report 6-28-18! - 06/30/18 04:49 AM

Was able to get only one day of fishing in this week. I fished with a friend of mine on Lake Mcqueeney and we made it a night trip! We Fished Thursday night from 10pm till 3am from kayaks. We had two portable floating green lights that were battery operated and water proofed. We fished two spots and the bite was "GREAT"! The lights started attracting nice size fish in about 30 minutes after being put into the water. We caught plenty of Bluegill in the 8 to 9 inch range,a good number of Crappie in the 12 to 14 inch range,and several nice bass in the 4 to 6 pound range. Had two nice "BIG" bass break off! Ultralight tackle was used. Small crank baits Chartreuse/Black, Little George spinning baits-Red/White and Chartreuse,and Gulp Alive Minnows got fantastic results. Fish were caught in 3 to 6 feet of water suspended over brush piles in 12 feet of water. Released a bunch and kept a bunch of the Bluegill and Crappie for an upcoming fish fry! Nothing beats a GREAT nighttime fishing trip! woot
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Weekly Fishing Report 6-28-18! - 06/30/18 11:40 AM

Great post Curtis. It's been awhile since I have been night fishing. Need to start planing a night trip! thumb

Re: Weekly Fishing Report 6-28-18! - 06/30/18 12:49 PM

Thanks Chuck. First night trip of the year for me. Going to make a lot more!
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Weekly Fishing Report 6-28-18! - 06/30/18 02:31 PM

Nice report L.O. What type of lights were you guys using?
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Weekly Fishing Report 6-28-18! - 06/30/18 03:24 PM

Awesome...not many wakeboarders out at night, plus you don't have to use sunscreen.

Re: Weekly Fishing Report 6-28-18! - 07/01/18 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done

Berkley LED's. Bought them at Walmart a couple of years ago. Paid about $25.00 per light. A friend of mine said he saw some at Walmart and they were going for about $19.00 for a set. I have not seen that either at the stores or on the web. Could have possibly been in the clearance isle. hmmm
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Weekly Fishing Report 6-28-18! - 07/01/18 09:16 PM

Sounds like fun Curtis clap I need to plan a night trip as well.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Weekly Fishing Report 6-28-18! - 07/02/18 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Laker One

Berkley LED's. Bought them at Walmart a couple of years ago. Paid about $25.00 per light. A friend of mine said he saw some at Walmart and they were going for about $19.00 for a set. I have not seen that either at the stores or on the web. Could have possibly been in the clearance isle. hmmm

Saw some portable green LED lights at Acadamey last week for $19.99 (not including batteries.). I have a couple of sets already! thumb
Posted By: chascat

Re: Weekly Fishing Report 6-28-18! - 07/04/18 02:50 PM

Great report Laker One. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Weekly Fishing Report 6-28-18! - 07/05/18 01:40 AM

Love me some night fishing fish
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Weekly Fishing Report 6-28-18! - 07/05/18 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Laker One

Thanks. A good night trip is hard to beat.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum