Texas Fishing Forum

Will Fish be heading to Deeper Water?

Posted By: Laker One

Will Fish be heading to Deeper Water? - 05/29/18 01:53 AM

With this current HEAT WAVE and judging by the long range forecast(Which states 100 degree plus days) do you think the sunnies will be heading to deeper water? I still see fish on nest. I saw more fish on nest a couple of weeks ago. Rio's for what I am seeing are on nest now. During the HEAT/summer where do you find the sunnies? hmmm What is your take on the upcoming summer bite? hooked
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Will Fish be heading to Deeper Water? - 05/29/18 11:03 AM

Early morning bite has been good on the creeks. Finding fish by brush piles close to the bank. Also finding fish in the deeper pockets. Fish are very active during the early morning. Still seeing a lot of fish on nest. I fished from daylight till 930am and it was getting hot around 9am. breakdance Fish will be heading to deeper water after spawn. Going to be a very HOT summer. flame
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Will Fish be heading to Deeper Water? - 05/29/18 12:57 PM

Last week fish were still on beds on Dunlap, and the better one I caught looked like they had just finished spawning. Also, the carp were going crazy tearing up the water with their spawn. I am guessing it will be a mixed bag for the next 3-4 weeks...some fish will be shallow & some deeper. Whenever the 1st mayfly hatch happens they will be close by those overhanging trees at various depths...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum