Texas Fishing Forum

Purtis Creek Sunfish?

Posted By: Flags

Purtis Creek Sunfish? - 05/27/18 02:36 PM

I think I will put my float tube on Purtis Creek State Park on Mon. Thinking about hitting the dam wall and bouncing worms down the steps to see what is hanging out. Haven't been on Purtis Creek since last year. Has anyone hit it for sunfish this year? It is predominately a bass lake but it has some decent sunfish and catfish in it as well.

Cheers
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Purtis Creek Sunfish? - 05/27/18 04:12 PM

Never fished Purtis Creek. If there are big bass there you will have big Bluegill. That is usually the case in most water bodies. Hope you get a bunch and give us a post on how you do! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Purtis Creek Sunfish? - 05/28/18 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Never fished Purtis Creek. If there are big bass there you will have big Bluegill. That is usually the case in most water bodies. Hope you get a bunch and give us a post on how you do! thumb

Plus #1.
Posted By: Flags

Re: Purtis Creek Sunfish? - 05/29/18 12:04 PM

Well I hit Putis. Fishing was slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really hot and humid. Talked to the park ranger and he said not many people were catching much from what he saw. I got into a bunch of sunfish but no size. Bunch of 4-5 inch fish with 1 or 2 nudging 6 inches. All fish were released and after 3 hrs in the tube I was soaking wet wit sweat and headed for the A/C.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Purtis Creek Sunfish? - 05/29/18 01:59 PM

Summer patterns coming soon. hmmm
Posted By: KQT

Re: Purtis Creek Sunfish? - 05/31/18 01:07 AM

Sad. TPWD really messed up Purtis.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum