Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing Report 5-23 and 5-24-18.

Posted By: Laker One

Fishing Report 5-23 and 5-24-18. - 05/25/18 11:40 AM

Fished two of my three days off this week! Short trip on Mcqueeney. Fished by kayak from 7pm till dark. Caught some nice Bluegill and Redear on the main lake just east of the Treasure Island Bridge. Also caught two nice bass under the bridge. Soft plastics Chartreuse/Black got good results. Fished from a friends dock for another two hours using a green light in 12 feet of water. Caught about 10 nice Crappie using Gulp Alive Minnows. Fished the next day on Onion Creek in Travis County. Used the fly rod. Fishing was slow. Managed one nice bass and a couple of small Longear and Bluegill. Fished from 9am till 1pm. Red sinking Ladybug and a floating Grasshopper,brown in color got good results. woot Boat traffic on Mcqueeney is picking up. Will be heavy from now until a couple of days after Labor Day. Early morning hours will be the time to fish the river lakes. nuts Stay safe! coolio

Not fishing today! Catching up on laundry and some personal business. Back to work Saturday. You all have a safe and joyful Memorial Day Weekend. Remember our fallen HEROES! flag soldier
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fishing Report 5-23 and 5-24-18. - 05/25/18 01:18 PM

Nice report LO! River lakes will be turned over to all the wake and ski boaters! Lakes will be given back to the anglers after Labor Day! Sun-up till about 10am will be the plan until then.
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Fishing Report 5-23 and 5-24-18. - 05/25/18 06:41 PM

Thanks Laker...looks like early morning is our only shot for the next few months on area river-lakes. Still looking for that 1st may fly hatch...that's when you can slay the redbreast and long ear on small spinners. Also, may have to do some exploring to find some of those area creeks you guys talk so much about...
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fishing Report 5-23 and 5-24-18. - 05/25/18 09:15 PM

Nice report as always Curtis. Love fishing by those underwater lights! I am going to get me a portable green fishing light. I have several docks where I can fish. Night fishing is one answer for river lake summer fishing. I have fished Mcqueeney a couple of times during the summer by boat and at night. I almost got killed. A lot of drunk,crazy boaters are still on the lake at night! nuts
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum