Texas Fishing Forum

Bream on Caddo?

Posted By: tech

Bream on Caddo? - 04/17/18 09:56 PM

When is the best time for bream on Caddo? Planning a trip in June and hope to find some. Any help would be appreciated. I have never been on Caddo. Thanks
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Bream on Caddo? - 04/18/18 12:39 AM

Never fished Caddo. Usually in June while fishing lakes I find good numbers of nice fish by docks in 14 to 16 feet of water! Sometimes fish are suspended, Also overhanging tree limbs are good places that usually hold nice fish. thumb
Posted By: Jeralds friend

Re: Bream on Caddo? - 04/18/18 02:21 AM

Early May, sometimes late April is prime bream time. I go every last week of April, and the bream spawn is a huge thing there. Boats nosed up in the cypress thickets everywhere. Hoping to go there end of April for bass fishing, but am trying to find out the status of the invasive weed, giant salvinia, which is a big big problem. Make sure to check that out.
Posted By: tech

Re: Bream on Caddo? - 04/18/18 04:26 PM

Thanks guys
Posted By: SpinFly

Re: Bream on Caddo? - 04/18/18 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: tech
When is the best time for bream on Caddo? Planning a trip in June and hope to find some. Any help would be appreciated. I have never been on Caddo. Thanks

Originally Posted By: Jeralds friend
Early May, sometimes late April is prime bream time. I go every last week of April, and the bream spawn is a huge thing there. Boats nosed up in the cypress thickets everywhere. Hoping to go there end of April for bass fishing, but am trying to find out the status of the invasive weed, giant salvinia, which is a big big problem. Make sure to check that out.

You gents will find encouraging news on the Salvinia status over in the freshwater fishing discussion:
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...ddo_Lake#UNREAD
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Bream on Caddo? - 04/18/18 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: tech

I overheard the bunch at Johnson’s Ranch discussing with a local bream fisherman...Seems the bream will be moving up in the couple of weeks, but have not moved in yet. Some guys were buying a bunch of worms though, I am guessing they were catfishing...me, I want get ahold of that cricket guy that was giving away crickets, and give him some sponsorship when it happens! FYI, I did catch a couple REALLY NICE sized bream the last weekend...
Posted By: I FISH 4

Re: Bream on Caddo? - 04/19/18 03:52 PM

Plan your trip around the Full Moon in April and May and you will have a fun time catching a bunch of bream.
We started fishing and guiding on caddo in 1978 and other east Texas Lakes.
Posted By: Timberking

Re: Bream on Caddo? - 04/30/18 12:49 PM

First trip yesterday and the lake looks amazing. Caught about 40 fishing by myself moving around different islands. All redear but 2. Used crawlers but will be dragging some ditches for crawfish this week. Will be back out with a group Friday and it should be hot.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Bream on Caddo? - 05/09/18 11:43 AM

Going for the smallest crawlers?...thanks for the update!
Posted By: slim1

Re: Bream on Caddo? - 05/09/18 11:59 AM

Buy some crickets. When they start bedding you can smell them. Just troll around in the trees until you smell a real fishy smell. I like to use a cane pole. Put a cricket about 1 1/2 feet below a bobber and start putting it and pulling it out. Moving it around until you catch one. Then fill your ice chest. It's a lot of fun.
Posted By: Timberking

Re: Bream on Caddo? - 05/09/18 01:41 PM

Went back Fri. and the fish had moved out. Caught a dozen in 6 hours and then it rained. Waiting on next moon.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum