Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing Report week ending 3-25-18.

Posted By: Laker One

Fishing Report week ending 3-25-18. - 03/26/18 04:31 AM

After reading reports on the great creek fishing I spent two of my three days off fishing the creeks. I fished Onion Creek and the Cibolo Creek. The afternoon bite is much better than the morning bite. Both creeks are in good condition but could use a good dose of rain. Fished with my 3wt Flyrod and caught some very good numbers of nice Redbreasts on both creeks. Caught a few nice Redear on Onion Creek. Some nice Bass,Bluegill,Rios,and Longear rounded out the catch on both creeks. I saw some sunnies on beds in both creeks. Fish were located by grass beds and brush piles. A small sinking beetle Orange in color got the best results. I also got good results using a light Brown sinking Crawdad fly. Fish were very active on both creeks. All fish were released to fight again.
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Fishing Report week ending 3-25-18. - 03/27/18 02:49 AM

Good report...when u fish creeks do u fish off the bank, or out of your yak ? I have been thinking about trying some creeks, but not sure where to start. Can probably find plenty of info on the internet if I start searching...
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fishing Report week ending 3-25-18. - 03/27/18 11:37 PM

Nice report Curtis. I plan on fishing Onion Creek a few times this year. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum