Texas Fishing Forum

Weekly Fishing Report ending 3-9-18!

Posted By: Laker One

Weekly Fishing Report ending 3-9-18! - 03/10/18 05:41 AM

Fished a total of four days this week including my three days off! Fished Monday,Wednesday,Thursday,and Friday. Monday,Myself and a friend of mine fished the Guadalupe River in the Trail Race area and we both limited out on Rainbow Trout. It took three hours to limit. Yellow sinking beetle fly and Gold Super Lures were used. Wednesday kayaked Lake Dunlap with a friend and we managed a bunch of nice Bluegill,Redbreast,Redear,and several nice Large Mouth Bass. Fish were located in 12 to 14 feet of water close to docks and brush piles. Worms Chartreuse/Black and White Rooster tails got the best results. Thursday we fished Mcqueeney and we managed to find some nice pre spawning Crappie. Crappie were holding by docks in 8 to 10 feet of water. Some Crappie are already spawning. Jigs Chartreuse/Pink got the best results. Finished the week on Placid and the bite was totally turned off. We also had to dock fish due to the high winds. We only managed three small Bluegill in three hours of fishing. Tomorrow is my Monday. Stay safe out there! woot
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Weekly Fishing Report ending 3-9-18! - 03/10/18 11:03 AM

Fished all five days this week. Spring break is here and I will not be fishing on any of the popular water bodies this weekend. I have already seen this week plenty of Wake Boats,Ski Boats,and Jet Fleas. bang Going to find a nice quite creek! thumb

Side Note: Found some nice Redear,Redbreast,bass,Bluegill,and some HUGE carp. Will be posting soon. Like you stated in your report Curtis,Myself and a couple of friends did very well Monday through Thursday. Friday was a very slow day! taz Also a very WINDY day! nuts

Side Note: Great report Curtis! cheers

Re: Weekly Fishing Report ending 3-9-18! - 03/10/18 02:18 PM

Yes Chuck Friday was a tough day for sure! Have yet another front coming in for the weekend and hopefully things settle down for next week! Will be heading back to the Canyon very soon!
Posted By: chascat

Re: Weekly Fishing Report ending 3-9-18! - 03/10/18 03:11 PM

Great report! Sounds like a good week of fishing. Thanks Laker.
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Weekly Fishing Report ending 3-9-18! - 03/10/18 03:17 PM

OK...That's a lot of fishing. You and Banker must not be married, or your wives just want you out of their hair all day wink ...Anyway...thanks for the report...look forward to them each week...

Re: Weekly Fishing Report ending 3-9-18! - 03/11/18 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Vogey
OK...That's a lot of fishing. You and Banker must not be married, or your wives just want you out of their hair all day wink ...Anyway...thanks for the report...look forward to them each week...

I am very HAPPY single! I do have a great girlfriend who knows how important fishing is to me! She also loves being in the outdoors and often goes kayaking with me! woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum