Texas Fishing Forum

Tenkara?

Posted By: Lepomis4Life.

Tenkara? - 03/08/18 12:18 AM

I thought about this for panfish and I wondered....for a few months. Pros/Cons. So I ordered a setup tonight and I'm going to give it a go. Have any of you in this section tried it? Thoughts? I'm sure some members on the FF section have but I ask it here because many of us concentrate our fishing on the sunfishes.
Posted By: Fishwfly

Re: Tenkara? - 03/08/18 01:47 AM

One of my favorite fishing techniques. For small creeks, rivers, or pond fishing you may not find a more enjoyable panfishing experience. I have been fishing tenkara for 4 years now and have landed everything from one inch minnows, to 5-6lbs common carp. .
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Tenkara? - 03/08/18 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Fishwfly
from one inch minnows,

Sold!
I may have to get one for my micro fish hobby
Posted By: Lepomis4Life.

Re: Tenkara? - 03/08/18 12:42 PM

I did recently see a guy holding a minnow on a Tenkara site and it said micro fishing. I thought back to my FF days and was thinking a size 28 gnat or midge....sure I could see people fishing and catching like that...doubt I could tie one now though...older age has been changing me. I'm a self accused tackle tart and I saw the simplicity in Tenkara and thought there could be hope for me...but I already imagined tying thousands of flies...there is no hope. HA!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum