Texas Fishing Forum

Favorite Places To Fish?

Posted By: Gitter Done

Favorite Places To Fish? - 02/22/18 07:51 PM

What is your FAVORITE type of water body to fish and why ?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Favorite Places To Fish? - 02/22/18 09:12 PM

Love fishing lakes. Easier to find the places where fish will be at during certain times of the year. For me lake patterns are the easiest to figure out! Just my two cents. 2cents
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Favorite Places To Fish? - 02/22/18 09:27 PM

I grew up fishing the sabinal,frio,and nueces and it was all on foot. Now that i have 2 boats and a kayak i will fish any type of water
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Favorite Places To Fish? - 02/22/18 11:14 PM

Primarily fish 2 lakes...Dunlap & Fayette...because I know them both really well & can almost always catch fish.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Favorite Places To Fish? - 02/23/18 12:21 PM

Love fishing and kayaking a river better than a lake,creek,or pond. Nothing beats a hill country river! woot

Side Note: I consider Dunlap,Mcqueeney,and the rest of the river lakes parts of the Guadalupe River and not lakes. That's just me! 2cents
Posted By: chascat

Re: Favorite Places To Fish? - 02/23/18 02:40 PM

Like Canyon Lake and Dunlap. Clear waters are hard fishing but the rewards are great if you save some
for the table.
Posted By: Lepomis4Life.

Re: Favorite Places To Fish? - 02/23/18 04:43 PM

I put pond. I started fishing in a pond 44 yrs ago in NC and I still love fishing them.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Favorite Places To Fish? - 02/23/18 04:43 PM

Got to go with lake!
Posted By: Flags

Re: Favorite Places To Fish? - 02/23/18 06:08 PM

My favorite isn't listed. I would rather fish a small trout stream in the mountains of my native CO than fish anywhere else. Problem is, I can't do that as much as I once could. But I still bet back every year for a few weeks of high country bliss. This is my favorite stream.

And this is what it produces.

But here in TX I really like fishing Lake Athens.
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Favorite Places To Fish? - 02/23/18 06:44 PM

River fish are stronger cause they get to pump iron so to speak because of the current! Definitely river/creek/stream is more special and memorable than an open lake.

Eric
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Favorite Places To Fish? - 02/24/18 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Flags
My favorite isn't listed. I would rather fish a small trout stream in the mountains of my native CO than fish anywhere else. Problem is, I can't do that as much as I once could. But I still bet back every year for a few weeks of high country bliss. This is my favorite stream.

And this is what it produces.

But here in TX I really like fishing Lake Athens.

I can see that streams should have been added! Awesome place. thumb
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Favorite Places To Fish? - 02/24/18 06:19 AM

All bodies of water, i love to fish:) banana bannana2
Posted By: strangetamer90

Re: Favorite Places To Fish? - 02/24/18 08:00 AM

Most of the places I fish are empty of people but full of fish ponds. I'm fortunate to live two minutes away from a retention pond with catfish and small panfish that put up a fight.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum