Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing Report 2-16-18 .

Posted By: Laker One

Fishing Report 2-16-18 . - 02/17/18 01:09 AM

Fished two Hill Country Rivers this week. The Guadalupe and Perdernales Rivers. On the Guadalupe River caught some nice Rainbow Trout in the Trail Race area. Fished an area just below Rebeca Creek and caught seven keeper White Bass! Crappie bite was slow. Finished with a nice 25 inch Striped Bass that I caught trolling on my way back to the take out spot. The trout were caught using a yellow/black sinking Crawdad. The White Bass were caught on Shad Raps. The Striped Bass was caught on a Silver Hot Spot. All fish were released with the exception of five Rainbow Trout which will make it to the dinner table.

Fished the Perdernales River with two other friends of mine. We all caught a nice Bass. The fish were in the 3 to 5 pound range.Bass were caught by overhanging tree limbs in 8 feet of water. Crank baits were used. A nice Channel Cat (Approx 10 pounds) was also caught using a Chartreuse/Black jig. Several small Bluegill rounded out the catch. All fish released.

Looks like a strong cold front will arrive next week. Forecasters are saying we may get some nice soaking showers. We NEED it!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fishing Report 2-16-18 . - 02/17/18 04:14 AM

Nice report Curtis! Did you guys fish the ranch area of the Perdernales? hmmm
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Fishing Report 2-16-18 . - 02/17/18 02:25 PM

Good report...thanks...look forward to reading each week.
Posted By: chascat

Re: Fishing Report 2-16-18 . - 02/17/18 02:39 PM

Great report. Thanks!
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fishing Report 2-16-18 . - 02/17/18 04:07 PM

Nice report L.O.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fishing Report 2-16-18 . - 02/17/18 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Vogey
Good report...thanks...look forward to reading each week.

Love sharing some very basic information on the bite! Once mid March comes around I will be getting more busy at work and fishing. Do not be surprised if the weekly reports turn out to be Bi-weekly or monthly reports. juggle

Side Note: Love seeing your Dunlap Post! Keep em up. Your reports are 100 percent right on! Also Dunlap Patterns are about the same on Mcqueeney! Placid is another story! woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum