Texas Fishing Forum

Who's Fishing?

Posted By: Laker One

Who's Fishing? - 02/13/18 09:26 PM

Cloudy and light rainy conditions will be this weeks weather forecast. Going to see some low 70's as highs. Another front will arrive Saturday! Who all is going fishing?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Who's Fishing? - 02/13/18 10:48 PM

Fished today and the bite was slow! Targeting Carp with Catyakker! We each caught one fish and had a couple of runs that we could not hook up on. Catyakker had one get off! Will be fishing a lot more this week. thumb
Posted By: Lepomis4Life.

Re: Who's Fishing? - 02/14/18 12:46 AM

I worked 14hrs today but I'm off this weekend.
fish

Re: Who's Fishing? - 02/14/18 03:13 PM

Heading out now with Kayak in tow! woot
Posted By: Lepomis4Life.

Re: Who's Fishing? - 02/14/18 07:35 PM

Good Luck. I'm looking forward to your report.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Who's Fishing? - 02/14/18 09:50 PM

My motor is broke crying

Re: Who's Fishing? - 02/15/18 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By: gar1970
My motor is broke crying

hammer hammer hammer

Side Note: Hopefully it is not going to be a major expense. thumb
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Who's Fishing? - 02/15/18 02:30 PM

Didn't make it out this week...plans for now are to hit Dunlap Monday...
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Who's Fishing? - 02/16/18 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Originally Posted By: gar1970
My motor is broke crying

hammer hammer hammer

Side Note: Hopefully it is not going to be a major expense. thumb
just the parts. Ill do the repairs myself
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Who's Fishing? - 02/16/18 03:07 PM

It's white bass season for me. But yesterday I couldn't hardly get the fly to the white bass. The bluegill wouldn't let it sink. They were crazy active with the warm Spring time temperatures. I bet the bluegill bite will be great again today.
Posted By: basspromaster

Re: Who's Fishing? - 02/17/18 05:28 PM

On Placid and can't buy a bit from them crappie! I'm beginning to think I don't know what I'm doing at least here. Any ideas or help?

Re: Who's Fishing? - 02/17/18 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: basspromaster
On Placid and can't buy a bit from them crappie! I'm beginning to think I don't know what I'm doing at least here. Any ideas or help?

Make sure you are using Jigs Chartreuse/Pink or Chartreuse/Black. Also live minnows work well. hooked

Side Note: Placid is a difficult part of the river to fish,no matter what you are fishing for. bang

Re: Who's Fishing? - 02/18/18 01:53 AM

Thats the 2 colors we threw. I r3ad one of your prior posts lol. We only found one section up river that had the right depth. When the water temps get right-hand they spawn are they any easier to locate?

Re: Who's Fishing? - 02/18/18 01:55 AM

I sure could use some ideas on what to look for and should I have gone elsewhere than placid. We fished Rebecca Creek Friday and had no luck there either.
Posted By: Csafisher

Re: Who's Fishing? - 02/18/18 12:43 PM

I am about to give up on that lake..... Placid has always been slow for me. I went out a couple times last week with my new side scan looking for places to fish. Didn't find too much, couple promising places but no bites.

Re: Who's Fishing? - 02/18/18 02:41 PM

Thats the 2 colors we threw. I r3ad one of your prior posts lol. We only found one section up river that had the right depth. When the water temps get right-hand they spawn are they any easier to locate?

I have fished the Guadalupe the past eight years solid with several friends of mine. Both by boat and kayak. We fished the river at least twice a week. We studied the graph and marked fish and set the GPS. We always kept looking for good spots to fish. After a couple of years of hard solid fishing we somewhat figured the patterns out and where to find Crappie on certain times of the day. It took years of fishing that river to learn how to find the Crappie. To make the fishing more difficult there had been a lot of MAJOR floods and one dam break. We had to start all over to locate and mark fish. Even though we know where the Crappie are sometimes getting them to bite is another story. Since I fish the Guadalupe a lot and have somewhat figured them out I usually end up catching em. Some days it's extremely hard and others it's pretty easy. The more you fish a water body the better you will get.

Re: Who's Fishing? - 02/18/18 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Laker One

I have fished the Guadalupe the past eight years solid with several friends of mine. Both by boat and kayak. We fished the river at least twice a week. We studied the graph and marked fish and set the GPS. We always kept looking for good spots to fish. After a couple of years of hard solid fishing we somewhat figured the patterns out and where to find Crappie on certain times of the day. It took years of fishing that river to learn how to find the Crappie. To make the fishing more difficult there had been a lot of MAJOR floods and one dam break. We had to start all over to locate and mark fish. Even though we know where the Crappie are sometimes getting them to bite is another story. Since I fish the Guadalupe a lot and have somewhat figured them out I usually end up catching em. Some days it's extremely hard and others it's pretty easy. The more you fish a water body the better you will get.

I have fished a lot of places over the years and both Canyon Lake and Placid are the most difficult. Just my two cents. 2cents
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum