Texas Fishing Forum

Troutin' Today

Posted By: Flags

Troutin' Today - 01/28/18 10:48 PM

Went by Winchester Park in Chandler today. It was a really, really strange day of fishing. None of the spots I normally do good at were worth a darn today. Not only that, my "go to" bait of FireBalls were dead. Never had that happen before. I put bait on the bottom, floated it under a bobber, fished it weightless and with split shot. Also fished close to shore, as far out as I could cast it and distances in between. I never got a single take on FireBalls.

But it was a different story on lures as long as it was a blue and silver KastMaster. That was all I got any hits on and there were 3 other guys fishing and they didn't take any fish that I saw. I ended up with a limit, longest right at a foot but I had to work at it today. Turned 3 little ones loose as well. Something tells me that either didn't stock as many this year or the word is out and it has been hit heavy.

Cheers Y'all
Posted By: drrouter

Re: Troutin' Today - 01/29/18 12:43 AM

Nice troutgills!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Troutin' Today - 01/29/18 02:28 AM

Nice limit of bows! Know the feeling well Flags. One day the trout are killing the Super Duper's and the next day you can't buy a bite on the Super Duper! Down here it's the Berkley Trout Bait-Cheese color that is the "Go To" bait! hooked
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Troutin' Today - 01/30/18 03:31 PM

Nice fish Flags. It has been a great trout season. I mainly use a fly rod but when I use a spinning rig I usually use Gold Super Dupers. I have noticed this season that on the day of the stockings lures work the best. After that bait seems to work the best. With my fly rod it does not make any difference to me other than the color of the fly changes.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Troutin' Today - 02/02/18 08:00 PM

Love those trout post. Nice fish Flags!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum