Texas Fishing Forum

How Much is To Much?

Posted By: Laker One

How Much is To Much? - 11/26/17 02:47 PM

Do you ever have enough tackle? How much is to much? hmmm
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: How Much is To Much? - 11/26/17 03:16 PM

Most of us have way too much tackle. If you have not used it in the last couple of years it is surplus. If you are keeping it as a collectible item it is excessive if you do not have the space to display it.

Keeping too much stuff just places a burden on our heirs when we pass on because they have to catalog it and dispose of it.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: How Much is To Much? - 11/27/17 01:49 AM

Since I have been targeting sunfish for the last 10 years my tackle has become very simple. The tackle that I do have I use! I replace as needed! thumb

Side Note: I always have an eye open for sales on hooks,floats,and sinkers as well as Gulp Alive Products! dance2
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: How Much is To Much? - 12/03/17 07:43 PM

I'm always looking
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: How Much is To Much? - 12/06/17 03:36 PM

I have got a lot of tackle collected over the years and I still keep my eyes open on good sales. I do not buy as much and only buy as needed.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: How Much is To Much? - 12/06/17 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Laker One
Do you ever have enough tackle? How much is to much? hmmm
come look in my 10x20 steel storage container
Posted By: Cast

Re: How Much is To Much? - 12/06/17 04:13 PM

Too
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: How Much is To Much? - 12/06/17 05:23 PM

Been seeing some nice ultra light combos on sale and on clearance at some of the Walmart's across town. $9.99 to $12.99 Open face spinning rigs.Great gifts for someone just starting out fishing. thumb Also a great sunfish rig. cheers
Posted By: pavlaugh

Re: How Much is To Much? - 12/07/17 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Been seeing some nice ultra light combos on sale and on clearance at some of the Walmart's across town. $9.99 to $12.99 Open face spinning rigs.Great gifts for someone just starting out fishing. thumb Also a great sunfish rig. cheers

I went crazy updating my rods/reels the past few weeks. Dicks had 25% off and free shipping on everything, so picked up some nice rod and reel separates. But also picked up some cheap combos like the 4'6" ultra light action Shakespeare Micro Spinning Combo (currently $7.60 at Wal-Mart) and the 5'6" light action Shakespeare Agility Combo from Dicks (currently $19.98 with a $10 mail-in rebate). Looking forward to using those on some trout this winter and sunnies in the spring!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum