Texas Fishing Forum

A Few More!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

A Few More! - 11/12/17 03:56 PM

Fall fishing has been good in the deeper rivers. Shallow water fishing has slowed down due to the previous cold fronts that had blown through. Have been getting good results fishing by docks in 8 to 15 feet of water. Ledges in 12 to 16 feet of water are also holding nice fish. Bluegill,Redbreast,Redear,and a few Rios are still biting. Worms were used with a slow bottom technique. Still catching some nice fall fish. It just don't get any better. fish

Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: A Few More! - 11/12/17 07:54 PM

Nice slabs i caught a few redbreasts yesterday morning had to wade a bit thought fish in the local creeks have evacuated to deep holes i caught fish in places so slow and deep i thought only catfish would inhabit carp were super active but i wasnt targeting them all this only means I'll just have to hunt harder
Posted By: pavlaugh

Re: A Few More! - 11/12/17 08:54 PM

Can you recommend a bank spot on the Comal or somewhere nearby; I think you fish that area? I'm heading to New Braunfels for Thanksgiving and might get to wet a line one morning. woot

Caught a few in the 8-10" range this morning at Lake Conroe, just about 6 feet of water.

Re: A Few More! - 11/12/17 09:24 PM

Thanks Clayton and pavlaugh for the replies. cheers Clayton. The trophy docks are active. Fishing them now. Pavlaugh. Will send you a PM later. Bank spots are very limited on the Comal River. Also nice fish. thumb
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: A Few More! - 11/12/17 09:32 PM

Very nice Chuck!
Posted By: dhogdog

Re: A Few More! - 11/15/17 04:03 AM

Nice as always Chuck!! Thanks for always sharing. The boys say hello.

Re: A Few More! - 11/20/17 10:51 AM

Thanks Andrew and dhogdog for the replies. cheers Fall bite has been GOOD! partyon Hope this latest cold front gets the BIG Redear on the move! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: A Few More! - 11/24/17 02:52 PM

Nice fall fish Chuck! Looks like a BIG HOG of a Redear! Any predictions on the winter Redear bite?

Side Note. Photo #4. Also nice fish pavlaugh!

Re: A Few More! - 12/03/17 10:54 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply! cheers Winter Redear bite should be pretty GOOD. I have caught a few nice Redear this fall and hopefully will catch a few more this winter! hooked
Posted By: Laker One

Re: A Few More! - 12/04/17 02:23 PM

Nice fish Chuck. Love this late fall fishing. woot Fixing to get cold this week. You plan on any crappie time? noidea

Re: A Few More! - 12/07/17 11:01 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply! cheers Got several Crappie trips lined up! Hope we can find a few! hooked Any current updates? hmmm

Side Note: Going to be hitting the trout trail a lot! food
Posted By: Laker One

Re: A Few More! - 12/11/17 02:10 AM

Keep in touch. Going to be hitting the crappie trail a bunch this winter! Having some luck on the east side. Fish are starting to hold in deeper water by brush piles and ledges. 12 to 18 feet. The early floods this year have messed up some spots. nuts

Re: A Few More! - 12/16/17 02:30 PM

Thanks Curtis. Will do. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: A Few More! - 12/20/17 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks Gitter for the reply! cheers Winter Redear bite should be pretty GOOD. I have caught a few nice Redear this fall and hopefully will catch a few more this winter! hooked

Thanks Chuck. Looks like a super cold front will arrive here Sunday. Temperature will be dipping into the twenties. This should turn them on!

Re: A Few More! - 12/28/17 10:51 AM

Let's hope so! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum