Texas Fishing Forum

Honda Navigation

Posted By: dtp807

Honda Navigation - 07/16/17 10:49 PM

Have a 2013 Honda Accord. Got a reminder from Honda Navigation that the 2017 update was available. Got the new CD's to download updates at cost of $111.00. Got everything squared away and I started download. Two discs to load. First is mapping and takes about 45 min to load. Finishes and get msg to load 2nd disc which is hard drive updates. Once it starts running it will do download in background takes about 5 hrs according to instructions. In it goes. A short time later it says to remove disc. Over the next day or two I start having system problems. Backup and side view screens go in and out. Screen goes in and out. Trying to load destination in navigation menu gets sporadic. Slowly download shows 44% loaded. I'm thinking maybe when it finally loads things will clear up. Finally shows about 49% loaded, I enter navigation menu button and next thing a MSG pops up saying GPS has lost power and will try to reacquire satellites. Then it goes back and forth with screen showing Honda Link screen. Finally says HDD failure and system will try to reboot which never happens. Take it to dealer per last msg on screen. After a day dealer calls and said so sorry Hard Drive has failed. They can only fix it by replacing hard drive. 2300.00 $ !!!!
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Honda Navigation - 07/17/17 12:36 PM

Ouch!
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Honda Navigation - 07/18/17 01:08 AM

Time to buy a $75 garmin. Or a $10 charger for your iphone to run google maps.

That stinks - no way around it. I've heard of too many crummy issues on the Ram navigation to pay for it (costs $700 for the download). So I just use google maps on the iphone.
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Honda Navigation - 07/18/17 02:12 PM

Yep. Our phones have always worked better than our cars navigation systems. We've about decided its a waste of money.
Posted By: jimmye123

Re: Honda Navigation - 07/18/17 11:03 PM

Just start the thing all over, will work the second time..
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Honda Navigation - 07/26/17 12:48 AM

That would make me madder than a wet hornet! Hope it works out.
Posted By: donothin

Re: Honda Navigation - 08/02/17 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: patriot07
Time to buy a $75 garmin. Or a $10 charger for your iphone to run google maps.

That stinks - no way around it. I've heard of too many crummy issues on the Ram navigation to pay for it (costs $700 for the download). So I just use google maps on the iphone.

Interesting. I just ordered an update for a 2012 Ram for $140.00.
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Honda Navigation - 08/04/17 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: donothin

Interesting. I just ordered an update for a 2012 Ram for $140.00.

I would like to know how that goes. I was thinking about ordering the update for the first time on my 2011 Ram.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum