Texas Fishing Forum

Trailer Sandblasting

Posted By: Fisher77

Trailer Sandblasting - 04/15/17 06:43 PM

Anybody know where to get a trailer sandblasted in the DFW area?
Any idea on price?
Posted By: Cast

Re: Trailer Sandblasting - 04/15/17 07:13 PM

There are a few around here. No help to you. However, if you do get it blasted, see if they will pickle/spray it with phosphoric acid immediately after blasting. If they won't, be there while it's being basted and spray it yourself. Get a gallon at HD or Lowes. Blasting leaves small rust 'seeds' behind that will grow very quickly, like overnight and taint your new blasted surface. The acid turns iron oxide to iron phosphate, which will protect the surface. You don't need to prime it either after pickling. I have a blasted and pickled RR spike hanging in my garage, unpainted. Over ten years, still shines as a new penny.

Re: Trailer Sandblasting - 04/15/17 08:26 PM

Thanks for the reply Cast. Are the ones you are talking about in the DFW area. I will be in Gun Barrel City visiting my parents in July. That is when I plan on getting it done.
I will ask about the pickle spray, and if not get some and do it myself.

Re: Trailer Sandblasting - 04/15/17 09:00 PM

I'm in Rhome, Wise County. There are welding and fab shops a little west on 114, a couple advertise blasting. I sold my sand blaster or you could do it yourself here. A cheap medium size HF blaster did my tractor rebuilds years ago. I'm down to a glass blasting cabinet these days.

You get the blaster and sand, I got the space, the compressed air and a front end loader to pick it up and expose its belly. Might have a jug of phosphoric acid too.

Re: Trailer Sandblasting - 04/15/17 09:30 PM

I appreciate it Cast. I will see what I can scrounge up.
Posted By: THF_BigPig

Re: Trailer Sandblasting - 04/16/17 02:34 AM

I will have a machine here shortly (waiting on it to be built) that will do the Blasting, either at your place or my shop, doesn't matter.

Send me the specs of the trailer and I'll get you a price.
Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: Trailer Sandblasting - 04/16/17 03:00 AM

Don't remember the cost but Able Sandblasting in Dallas did mine

Re: Trailer Sandblasting - 04/16/17 03:47 AM

PM sent THF_BigPig.

Re: Trailer Sandblasting - 04/16/17 01:35 PM

Looks like you gonna have purty trailer.

Re: Trailer Sandblasting - 04/17/17 01:13 AM

Thanks for the info steve.

Re: Trailer Sandblasting - 04/17/17 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Cast
Looks like you gonna have purty trailer.

It certainly needs some attention before it rusts to the ground.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum