Texas Fishing Forum

4-Pin Flat Trailer Wiring Connection to Round 7-Pin Trailer Connection

Posted By: AdanV

4-Pin Flat Trailer Wiring Connection to Round 7-Pin Trailer Connection - 03/20/17 08:55 PM

Anyone recommend a brand to rewire the trailer light connection on my truck?
I'm searching through O'Reilly and there's a bunch.

I have the 4-Pin Flat Trailer connection (it's a 2005).
Some trailers at work still have them, and the car towing lights I use to haul my kayak around also has it.

But I really need to have the Round 7-Pin connection too.
My church has asked me to help them move their trailers from where we have service (at a Sports gym) to another a ministry service's parking lot, where it'll be stored for the rest of the week.

Both of their trailers have the round 7-pin connection, one of which is VERY heavy.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: 4-Pin Flat Trailer Wiring Connection to Round 7-Pin Trailer Connection - 03/20/17 09:08 PM

What is your tow vehicle? Assuming the 2005 is the year?

Most of them will have a harness under the body you can buy a pre wired connection for that just plugs in.

Re: 4-Pin Flat Trailer Wiring Connection to Round 7-Pin Trailer Connection - 03/20/17 09:10 PM

2005 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
Posted By: redchevy

Re: 4-Pin Flat Trailer Wiring Connection to Round 7-Pin Trailer Connection - 03/20/17 09:29 PM

Do a search on youtube. There is a video from e-trailer that shows how to do it and give part numbers. I'm sure if you look at etrailers website you can find the parts you need and they may even come with instructions.

Re: 4-Pin Flat Trailer Wiring Connection to Round 7-Pin Trailer Connection - 03/20/17 10:05 PM

okay, thanks
Posted By: Eddyc01

Re: 4-Pin Flat Trailer Wiring Connection to Round 7-Pin Trailer Connection - 03/28/17 01:17 PM

If your tow vehicle has the round 7 pin connector and your trailer has the flat 4 pin connector you can buy an adapter. You can buy them from Wal-Mart, AutoZone, Pep Boys, K-Mart. They cost $7-12. Brand doesn't matter as they all do the same thing.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: 4-Pin Flat Trailer Wiring Connection to Round 7-Pin Trailer Connection - 03/28/17 05:50 PM

Get the one with the little red tester lights in it. The plug on my truck is a little finicky and the lights in the adapter are real helpful.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum