Texas Fishing Forum

Ok, all ya car salesmen? certified pre-owned?

Posted By: TLW

Ok, all ya car salesmen? certified pre-owned? - 09/04/16 04:27 PM

vehicle advertised as "certified pre-owned" should tha so called warranty for being a factory certified vehicle be included in advertised price or is it jus a purchased "factory" warranty instead of aftermarket warranty?.. i understand whats done to be "certified" for dealer reasons but jus seems ta me if advertised as such it should be included.. i bought one truck few years back that fell under these conditions and extra $ for extended GM bumper ta bumper were never discussed, even durin' all tha back n forth....???
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Ok, all ya car salesmen? certified pre-owned? - 09/04/16 09:28 PM

For Mercedes its the remainder of the factory warranty plus. One year for some, right now I think its two years unlimited mileage for the CPO.

Really good deal if you buy a low mileage car.
Posted By: ABit

Re: Ok, all ya car salesmen? certified pre-owned? - 09/17/16 04:48 PM

A certified vehicle generally extends the factory warranty. Keep in mind though, the factory warranty generally only covers defects. This is where a lot of people get confused. Service contracts, often mistakenly called extended warranty, is an insurance plan against something breaking. You are betting that the $3,000 service contract is going to cost you less than whatever repairs the vehicle will require during the life of said service contract. The service contract company is betting on the opposite. They also don't pay full retail for repairs and they don't pay $140 per flag hour.
Posted By: TLW

Re: Ok, all ya car salesmen? certified pre-owned? - 09/17/16 10:04 PM

not aftermarket.. extended GM warranty.. got it all straightened out... gmc, buick, chev are different compared ta cadillac....
Posted By: ABit

Re: Ok, all ya car salesmen? certified pre-owned? - 09/17/16 11:23 PM

Yeah. Cadillac might as well be it's own company with how they compare in many ways. Glad you got it taken care of!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum