Texas Fishing Forum

6.0 liter diesel shop

Posted By: lockjaw

6.0 liter diesel shop - 05/11/16 09:51 PM

In Plano looking for references/recommendations on
a reliable shop close buy that can solve drive ability issues
and has knowledge of the 6.0 and its inherent problems.
Posted By: skeeterman03

Re: 6.0 liter diesel shop - 05/16/16 04:25 PM

what problem you having?
Posted By: redchevy

Re: 6.0 liter diesel shop - 05/16/16 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: lockjaw
In Plano looking for references/recommendations on
a reliable shop close buy that can solve drive ability issues
and has knowledge of the 6.0 and its inherent problems.

I know if you post this on the thf you will get some responses for shops in your area.
Posted By: dustman_stx

Re: 6.0 liter diesel shop - 05/16/16 05:19 PM

My advice would be to find a shop that has a reputation for bullet proofing them and getting it done. You'll keep dumping money into it otherwise. You'll have a good setup that performs well and is reliable if you do.

Edit: This may very well be what you are talking about doing- just couldn't tell. I don't know who does this in the DFW area, though.
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: 6.0 liter diesel shop - 05/16/16 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: dustman_stx
My advice would be to find a shop that has a reputation for bullet proofing them and getting it done. You'll keep dumping money into it otherwise. You'll have a good setup that performs well and is reliable if you do.

Edit: This may very well be what you are talking about doing- just couldn't tell. I don't know who does this in the DFW area, though.

I've heard the term "bullet proofing" used before. Exactly what does that consist of?
Posted By: redchevy

Re: 6.0 liter diesel shop - 05/16/16 06:09 PM

Head studs, egr delete, replace oil cooler and a tune to make it all run without the removed items.

Your 2008 6.7 cummins would benefit from the same procedures.
Posted By: Larry M

Re: 6.0 liter diesel shop - 05/16/16 11:45 PM

My 6.7 is a whole nother animal with egr delete, cold air intake, exhaust and tuner. Several Chargers and a BMW have tried all where denied.
Posted By: HaulinBass02

Re: 6.0 liter diesel shop - 05/18/16 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: KingwoodCat
Originally Posted By: dustman_stx

I've heard the term "bullet proofing" used before. Exactly what does that consist of?

I've deleted my truck in the sig and haven't had any issues with it since. Egr and cooler delete, DPF, Nox and Cat all gone. I did have to have ARP headstuds installed because I was running a hotter tune than I should have towing my 5th wheel. That was using a Smarty tuner. I switched to EFI live tuning with a tuned Transmission Control Module from Draconian Diesel. I run on 35" tires and towing the boat I average about 16mpg. Empty I average about 18.5. All hand calculated for you naysayers. Worth every penny, especially because I love my truck so much.

To the OP, Diesel Pros in Hurst does excellent work. I would say they specialize in Fords more than the others even though they do and will work on Dodge and Chevy. They are off of East Loop 820 at Hurst Blvd/SH 10. That's who I recommend.

Re: 6.0 liter diesel shop - 05/18/16 07:46 PM

mad Matt diesel performance. He is a ford guru.
Posted By: lockjaw

Re: 6.0 liter diesel shop - 05/19/16 06:30 PM

Thanks every one Found a guy in Wylie Dino's Diesel Repair
My turbo is coked up. Needs to be removed, cleaned and inspected for damage.
I figured as much only thing I haven't repaired so far Oh well almost through
the bullet proof list at 138k miles. Beats a truck payment..

Re: 6.0 liter diesel shop - 05/19/16 08:51 PM

Look at kc turbos. They have rebuild kits and upgrade kits.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum