Texas Fishing Forum

2003 Silverado Passenger Window/Lock

Posted By: Jimfishes

2003 Silverado Passenger Window/Lock - 03/31/16 02:55 AM

Has anyone ever had their passenger side power window/door lock/outside mirror quit working all at once? I can't operate from passenger or driver side.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: 2003 Silverado Passenger Window/Lock - 03/31/16 12:37 PM

Just a guess, but I'm betting the plug that has all the connections inside the door has become loose. Be the first thing I would check. Plenty of You tube videos of taking the inside of the door apart. Once you get to the connection, you can start tracing it from there.

Gman

Re: 2003 Silverado Passenger Window/Lock - 03/31/16 12:50 PM

First thing I checked was fuse boxes. Then I removed passenger door panel and disconnected switch and cleaned all connections before reinstalling...no luck. Decided to just swap switches with driver side...no luck. The switch is good and plugged in tight. Apparently no power to passenger side but fuses are good.
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: 2003 Silverado Passenger Window/Lock - 03/31/16 04:02 PM

Looks like there is a TSB for a software update for this issue that might help. Seems to be a fairly common problem. Others that have fixed it ended up replacing the window/lock switch assembly. Hope that helps

Re: 2003 Silverado Passenger Window/Lock - 04/01/16 01:37 AM

ok, thanks!
Posted By: lonestar

Re: 2003 Silverado Passenger Window/Lock - 04/01/16 02:45 PM

Same thing happened to mine. It was the switch module on the passenger side. It controls all of those things mentioned. Went to salvage yard and got one off an 03 suburban for $45.
New was over $200 and you had to have it programed at a dealer is what I was told.
Good luck!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum