Texas Fishing Forum

Kelly tires??

Posted By: Stump jumper

Kelly tires?? - 10/15/15 05:34 PM

Anyone run them? I am looking for info on quality, tread life, those kind of things. Looking at the Safari TSR which are very similar to Goodyear Duratracs but about $20 less per. Duratracs and TSRs are between a mudder and a true AT. Also thinking Cooper AT Maxx but tread is not quite open enough.
Posted By: gander

Re: Kelly tires?? - 10/15/15 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Stump jumper
Anyone run them? I am looking for info on quality, tread life, those kind of things. Looking at the Safari TSR which are very similar to Goodyear Duratracs but about $20 less per. Duratracs and TSRs are between a mudder and a true AT. Also thinking Cooper AT Maxx but tread is not quite open enough.
What size truck?...Where are you finding the Kelly tires?I have had Nittos and Toyo....both I liked....am reading good reviews on the new Goodrich all terrain T/A KO2....mainly the reviews are for the full size half tons and up.Might look at tire reviews on Discount Tire site or maybe Tire Rack site.As far as the Toyo tires I had a set on 2nd gen Tacoma and had 40k on them with good tread left before I sold the truck rode good quiet enough for the tread pattern.Ran Nitto grapplers on a Tundra with good ride wear noise etc.

Re: Kelly tires?? - 10/16/15 11:33 AM

Found on several websites. I am sure Discount can order them. Looked at Nittos and Toyo's and not really interested. I am currently running BFG ATs. I have run Duratracs but on a Tacoma 2wd. They were good tires but interested in the Kelly's because they are very similar at lower cost. Might go with Coopers because they are a couple of lbs lighter. I have a Tacoma 4x4.
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: Kelly tires?? - 10/16/15 10:55 PM

Kelly is made by Goodyear so they will be pretty similar. They just wont have all the same features, tread wear ratings, etc. But bang for the buck they are a decent tire.

Re: Kelly tires?? - 10/19/15 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery
Kelly is made by Goodyear so they will be pretty similar. They just wont have all the same features, tread wear ratings, etc. But bang for the buck they are a decent tire.
That is what I thought. The difference is probably advertising. I was in Discount getting a rotation on Saturday and found out that they cannot order Kelly's. Goodyears with a rebate will probably be the same anyway.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum