Texas Fishing Forum

Prestone radiator flush?

Posted By: standalone

Prestone radiator flush? - 09/23/15 10:58 PM

Has any one used Prestone Radiator Flush and Cleaner Additive? What were opinion on how it worked and would you use it again. Many thanks.
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: Prestone radiator flush? - 09/24/15 01:34 PM

I have tried all the chemicals, back flush, etc. and found it is only a stopgap method. Take the radiator out and have it cleaned.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Prestone radiator flush? - 09/24/15 01:38 PM

Are you experiencing overheating issues?

If not I wouldn't worry about it. When I flushed my radiators, I would drain it fill it with water, drive it a while to run it through the system then drain if it looked good refill with water/antifreeze mix and call it good.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Prestone radiator flush? - 09/24/15 05:20 PM

Use only distilled water in the radiator. It is less than a buck a gallon. If you are not having cooling issues I would do as redchevy says above.
Posted By: TITANIUM-BACK

Re: Prestone radiator flush? - 09/24/15 09:48 PM

The flush is good for someone who used the wrong antifreeze and now you need to flush and clean out the system to put the correct antifreeze in or for schedule mant. Like said above use distilled water if your mixing it your self. Tap water has to much junk it.
Posted By: standalone

Re: Prestone radiator flush? - 09/25/15 01:08 AM

Had a heater mixing valve break, replaced it, ran water to check for leaks, still losing some. Found out the water pump was leaking at the back but not the weep hole replaced it. Have ran water for a couple of days to make sure it was fixed. Water is just dirty looking, not rusty or like chocolate milk. The anti freeze and radiator had been clean Wanted opinions before proceeding. It's not my daily driver just use it for camping & fishing trips. Just a rough old astro van I bought at an estate sale, I only paid $300 but it runs great after a tune up. Thank you all
Posted By: TITANIUM-BACK

Re: Prestone radiator flush? - 09/25/15 01:40 AM

you will be fine using that to flush that stuff out.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum