Texas Fishing Forum

cloth vs leather

Posted By: buton

cloth vs leather - 08/19/15 05:57 PM

Some cars have limited stock on the dealer because they are not very popular. When the dealer have some of these cars, most of them have leather for the seats making very difficult to find the right one.

Do you guys prefer leather over cloth? seems that dealers prefer to order leather than cloth

i dont like leather because it gets hot on summer and cold on winter...
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: cloth vs leather - 08/19/15 06:19 PM

Leather but I have heated seats and cooled seats so I do not struggle with the hot/cold seat problem.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: cloth vs leather - 08/19/15 07:32 PM

Cloth here.
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: cloth vs leather - 08/19/15 07:50 PM

Cloth is easier to maintain IMO so I prefer cloth.
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: cloth vs leather - 08/19/15 08:28 PM

Leather is easier to clean spills, if you have little ones. Other than that, looks nice.
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: cloth vs leather - 08/20/15 07:29 PM

Leather
Posted By: patriot07

Re: cloth vs leather - 08/20/15 07:34 PM

Cloth is much easier to maintain and less susceptible to damage from everyday use. I've really never understood why leather is considered an "upgrade" honestly. Functionally, it's a downgrade.
Posted By: B-rader

Re: cloth vs leather - 08/20/15 08:14 PM

I like leather so when I get in and have grease or mud or whatever I just wipe it off , it stains cloth
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: cloth vs leather - 08/20/15 08:45 PM

Leather will last longer than cloth if properly cared for. If you change vehicles every few years it's probably a minor point.
Posted By: texcajun

Re: cloth vs leather - 08/21/15 11:50 AM

Dem heated and cooled leather seats on the wife's jeep are fantastic. Cloth seats in my work van are meh.
Posted By: fordnut

Re: cloth vs leather - 08/21/15 12:35 PM

I have both, in the 97 it's cloth and in the 06 it's leather and heated. I actually prefer the leather because it doesn't stain if something gets spilled on it, of course you have to wipe it off. The cloth in the 97 cleans up well to you mostly have to use something like goof off or oops if it stains. I have always used the Scotch Guard treatment on the 97 Cloth and the Leather treatment on the 06. Just like anything else you have to take care of it. My wife's Edge has the leather also and she likes it over the cloth as well. Oh yea and the heated and cooled seats are nice too.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: cloth vs leather - 08/21/15 01:50 PM

I had light gray cloth interior in my '94 chevy. They were scotch guarded at the dealer before we took it home. Red mobile 1 grease, a big red soda, and brazos river mud along with 20 years of use failed to put one stain or tear, or even a bad wear spot in those seats.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: cloth vs leather - 08/21/15 05:13 PM

This
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: cloth vs leather - 08/23/15 01:34 AM

My wife's Explorer has leather and I hate it, too dang stiff on long drives. Feels like I'm sitting on a piece of wood. By the time the heated seat warms up your rear end has already acclimated to the leather.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: cloth vs leather - 08/23/15 02:46 AM

I prefer cloth, and have it in my personal truck. My company truck has leather heated and cooled, and it is ok, I don't like the slippery part of it. My wife's Expedition has leather with the heat and cool and I really don't like hers at all. But to hear her talk, it is a neccisity. I always get the grey color and Scotch Guard, and have no problems with cloth. I had a pickup with vinyl once, it really did suck.
Posted By: machinist

Re: cloth vs leather - 08/23/15 05:03 PM

I used to get naugahyde put in my old cars. I always wondered how many nauga's it took to
upholster a 55 Chevrolet.

Posted By: crabtrap

Re: cloth vs leather - 08/24/15 12:30 PM

Makes no difference to me...they all get seat covers anyways...really helps the resale value, easily cleaned and replaceable.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum