Texas Fishing Forum

Ford Diesel Problem

Posted By: Ranger Z21

Ford Diesel Problem - 07/10/15 01:25 PM

Neighbor has a Ford diesel. This morning she comes out and truck starts fine. She forgets something in the house and because her five year old is in the truck she shuts it off and takes the keys. Comes back out and truck turns over fine but will not start. Yes it has fuel. Filters were changed about three weeks ago. Any ideas? Local Ford dealer wants 125.00 to come and tow it to dealership which is less than a quarter mile away. Offered no help. I believe it's a king ranch around 2011. Thanks.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Ford Diesel Problem - 07/10/15 01:32 PM

Plenty of sensors to go bad on that model. There was a recall a few months ago to stop some of the truck shutdown due to bad sensor codes, make sure she has or gets the recall program installed. You won't get the truck to start unless Ford has it.
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Ford Diesel Problem - 07/10/15 02:02 PM

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=433306&DisplayType=flat

EGT sensor???
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Ford Diesel Problem - 07/10/15 02:19 PM

If its really a 1/4 mile and its a 4x4 throw the trans and t-case in neutral and drag it down there for her.$125 for a 1/4 mile tow is outrageous.

Like others have said lots of sensors. Better to be stranded at home than somewhere else.
Posted By: Ranger Z21

Re: Ford Diesel Problem - 07/10/15 06:15 PM

I don't think she wants to do business with them now. Said they were very rude to her. I offered to pull it down there with my tundra but she said no.
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: Ford Diesel Problem - 07/10/15 09:19 PM

Check the batteries.
Posted By: stick steering

Re: Ford Diesel Problem - 07/19/15 10:27 AM

Can position sensor usually is the culprit
Posted By: THAPCO4

Re: Ford Diesel Problem - 07/29/15 03:28 PM

Most likely the batteries. If both are not PERFECT mine will turn over, it sounds like it is turning full speed, but it will not start. Has something to do with the high pressure fuel pump I think, but I can not find a single mechanic that can verify.
Posted By: YAMADOGGY

Re: Ford Diesel Problem - 08/07/15 12:43 AM

camshaft ID sensors are junk, I had a 7.3 powerstroke and that's a show stopper and intermittent pain.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum