Texas Fishing Forum

F 150

Posted By: basscaster46

F 150 - 09/22/18 07:00 PM

Has anyone bought a new truck f 150 with start stop on it ?
If so what do you think about it.
J D
Posted By: tds

Re: F 150 - 09/22/18 08:50 PM

I picked up one yesterday. On the way home got stuck on I35 in wreck traffic for an hour.
Pull up stop , pull up stop, etc. it would shut off each prolonged wait. I didn’t like it. If you move your foot off brake for second you can keep it from happening. I am going to see how to override or turn it off.
Posted By: JB in Ft Worth

Re: F 150 - 09/22/18 10:06 PM

My car has stop/start and I hate it. I have to turn it off every time I get in the car. I wish there was a way to make "off" the default.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: F 150 - 09/23/18 01:51 AM

Let up on the break pedal a little bit when you come to a complete stop and it will keep the motor from shutting off if it bothers you that much.
Posted By: BassFever

Re: F 150 - 09/23/18 04:14 PM

Why does it bother you so much?
Posted By: slim1

Re: F 150 - 09/24/18 11:40 AM

I've got a 2018 F-150. It has a button on the dash you can push and turn it off. As soon as I start my engine I push that button. It will stay off until you turn the engine off. The button is right beside the emergency flashers button.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: F 150 - 09/24/18 01:03 PM

I disabled it on my wifes jeep by unplugging the hood switch. It makes it think the hoods open and disables start stop permanently no more button push every restart.

It re started fast as you can move your foot back to the gas but we still couldnt get used to it. Every time we take it to the dealer they plug that back in.
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: F 150 - 09/24/18 02:20 PM

It bothers me when I'm trying to run the a/c on high. During cool weather, no biggy.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: F 150 - 09/24/18 07:46 PM

I think some of the folks complaining about auto start/stop are still griping because there's no button on the floor board for the high beams.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: F 150 - 09/25/18 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeff From Iowa
I disabled it on my wifes jeep by unplugging the hood switch. It makes it think the hoods open and disables start stop permanently no more button push every restart.

It re started fast as you can move your foot back to the gas but we still couldnt get used to it. Every time we take it to the dealer they plug that back in.
tell them not to or quit going there. When I take my Toyotas in for service I tell them not to bother even checking the air filters. Last time the service writer locked my glove box. I was thinking: are you going to take the key from them too? One time I just told that I am not paying $35 for a $10 cabin filter. They don't care they make enough on the fools that do.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: F 150 - 09/25/18 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: tmd11111
I think some of the folks complaining about auto start/stop are still griping because there's no button on the floor board for the high beams.
hey I loved the button on the floor of my Capri. It did more than just turn on and off the high beams. It had a momentary flash button and also windshield washer all with your unused left foot.
Posted By: TajChauvin

Re: F 150 - 09/29/18 12:46 PM

Youtube may be a good place to find a solution.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: F 150 - 10/07/18 05:54 PM

Had an old pickup that had the dimmer and windshield washer button o the floor board , also no cup holders .
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: F 150 - 10/07/18 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: basscaster46
J D

I don't like it but have learned to live with it. My son-in-law is a Ford tech and he says there's no way to disable it. I've just got use to pushing the button right after I start the engine. He thinks because of all the complaints Ford will come up with a way to permanently disable it.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: F 150 - 10/08/18 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By: tmd11111

LOL...My old grain truck has the starter switch on the floor board as well.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: F 150 - 10/08/18 02:44 PM

Is Ford the only NEW truck with the start/stop feature?
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: F 150 - 10/08/18 03:03 PM

the 2019 Ram 1500 I have doesn't have it. The Jeep my wife has does. Weird at first on the Jeep, but it wasn't hard to get used to it. The jeep also has the button to turn it off if wanted.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: F 150 - 10/08/18 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
J D

I don't like it but have learned to live with it. My son-in-law is a Ford tech and he says there's no way to disable it. I've just got use to pushing the button right after I start the engine. He thinks because of all the complaints Ford will come up with a way to permanently disable it.

I betcha its disabled when the hood is open.... Unplug the hood switch.

They absolutely wont have a way to permanently disable it, they are adding them to meet mpg or epa emmissions garbage.

Re: F 150 - 10/08/18 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeff From Iowa
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
J D

I betcha its disabled when the hood is open.... Unplug the hood switch.

They absolutely wont have a way to permanently disable it, they are adding them to meet mpg or epa emmissions garbage.

Can't be, no other trucks have it.
Posted By: mstring

Re: F 150 - 10/08/18 04:41 PM

Quick google search shows the 2019 Silverado to have it, but it also has a button to disable it.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/02/2019-silverado-engine-auto-stop-start-is-defeatable/
Posted By: East Bay Guide Jeff Brandon

Re: F 150 - 10/08/18 05:36 PM

I have 2 New F-150's and you can research it online, as their is software (free) you can download to turn that off, as well as turn on or off a host of other features that make the vehicle more user friendly.

Re: F 150 - 10/08/18 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: mstring
Quick google search shows the 2019 Silverado to have it, but it also has a button to disable it.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/02/2019-silverado-engine-auto-stop-start-is-defeatable/

There is a button to disable it but it doesn't disable it permanently.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum