Texas Fishing Forum

K&N CAI

Posted By: V-Bottom

K&N CAI - 08/26/18 07:06 PM

K&N's Cold Air Intake for my trk costs about $330. According to it's description, it will only raise my HP 7.84 HP. For the money it doesn't sound worth while getting if it only raises the HP that little. Would you purchase this set up?
Posted By: BassFever

Re: K&N CAI - 08/26/18 07:20 PM

NO.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: K&N CAI - 08/26/18 07:29 PM

thumb ^^^^^^ I did get a Tech at JEGS to help answer a question or two. I did find out that my engine's air intake itself is Very efficient alone and it was hard for K&N to pull any more than 8 HP. BTW I don't have a BIG engine compared to some folks...just a 4.6L Ford P/U. Not buying it now for sure!!
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: K&N CAI - 08/27/18 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: V-Bottom
thumb ^^^^^^ I did get a Tech at JEGS to help answer a question or two. I did find out that my engine's air intake itself is Very efficient alone and it was hard for K&N to pull any more than 8 HP. BTW I don't have a BIG engine compared to some folks...just a 4.6L Ford P/U. Not buying it now for sure!!
most if not all the newer ones are. I know it does nothing for Toyotas except gunk up MAFs when people over oil them.
Posted By: ClarkBird

Re: K&N CAI - 08/27/18 05:38 PM

waste of money anyway you look at it
Posted By: redchevy

Re: K&N CAI - 08/27/18 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: ClarkBird
waste of money anyway you look at it

x2
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: K&N CAI - 09/05/18 10:51 AM

does nothing unless you open up the exhaust, too. a CAI, with aftermarket catback exhaust, and custom computer tune will yield the cheapest "upgrade" to engine performance. but is ~30 HP worth $1500? not really.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum