Texas Fishing Forum

Carlisle trailer tire

Posted By: R.J.E.

Carlisle trailer tire - 11/07/17 07:10 PM

The trailer tire on my boat trailer just threw off all of it's rubber damaging my trailer Friday. It had the right tire pressure and I was my wife was driving about 55 when it happened. Bad thing about it the tire probably didn't have 500 miles on it.
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Carlisle trailer tire - 11/07/17 07:32 PM

Try a set Michelin passenger or LT, depending on load. Go down the road with confidence.
Posted By: Larry M

Re: Carlisle trailer tire - 11/07/17 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Samsonsworld
Try a set Michelin passenger or LT, depending on load. Go down the road with confidence.

+1
I run PT or LT tires on all my boat and lighter duty trailers, they ride smoother which to me translates to a better road ride on your boat. Just make sure the load rating on each tire is good. My experience with Carlisle they are hit or miss, some good some bad. Besides Michelin I have good luck with Yokohama and Toyos.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Carlisle trailer tire - 11/07/17 09:15 PM

Look at the new trailer tire by Goodyear its called the Endurance.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Carlisle trailer tire - 11/09/17 04:29 AM

Originally Posted By: David Welcher
Look at the new trailer tire by Goodyear its called the Endurance.

x2... So far, the Endurance tires have proven themselves to the fullest.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Carlisle trailer tire - 11/09/17 08:20 PM

I have used a bunch of sets of Carlisle radial trailer tires. The first set we had on our TT was replaced at 10 years old, the second set was 9 years old the third at 2 years old and the fourth has had intermittent failures at less than 2 years old. These tires are stored inside on concrete are aired up correctly and only see hwy miles. I will not buy any more of them and like others have posted will be putting P and LT tires on depending on the load range.
Posted By: Fishee456

Re: Carlisle trailer tire - 11/10/17 03:58 AM

Heard some good comments about Goodyear Endurance tires. Sounds worth a try.
Posted By: jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: Carlisle trailer tire - 11/10/17 10:30 AM

My experience with Carlisle tires over the past 20+ years is a class A #1 Zero. Worst tires I've ever had on any trailer and I've had a few trailers, blow outs, slung tread off would not run them if they was free.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Carlisle trailer tire - 11/21/17 02:51 PM

I just put a set of Goodyear endurance tires on my trailer. I had Marathons but got a good deal on the Endurance.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Carlisle trailer tire - 11/22/17 02:31 PM

Also had Marathons on my trailer blew 2 of 4 and I do not drive fast at all, went to Goodyear Endurance tires, Discount Tire was cheapest and had them.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Carlisle trailer tire - 11/22/17 04:48 PM

I have never had good long term luck with Carlisle tires, meaning they never lasted more than 2 years without issues.
Running Goodyear Endurance tires now. 6 months old several thousand miles on them. So far so good.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum