Texas Fishing Forum

Fall Time Carping !

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Fall Time Carping ! - 10/31/17 06:27 PM

Myself and Clayton "Wildman of the Navidad" went carping and did pretty good. We caught three nice carp. The smallest was in the 12 pound range and the two largest were in the 15 pound range. Clayton caught one on ultralight tackle with four pound test line. Fish were caught on corn and all were released to fight again. Getting in on some Carp action. It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 10/31/17 11:13 PM

Great time gave em a slight thrashin that day whipwhipwhip

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 10/31/17 11:51 PM

Carp fights are Awesome. boxing Had a blast Clayton. cheers

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 11/01/17 03:48 AM

Anytime i get off of work im ready to go back cheers
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 11/02/17 02:33 PM

Nice fish on light tackle!! Doesn't get any better!!

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 11/03/17 10:56 AM

Thanks JJ4MEL for the reply! Love that Ultralight ACTION! boxing Clayton: You have my number! CALL ME! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 11/06/17 02:35 PM

Nice fish. How is the carp bite during the winter.

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 11/06/17 06:53 PM

It stays warm enough i catch them year round
Posted By: BendaRod(WC)

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 11/08/17 02:18 PM

Nice fish banker! thumb

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 11/13/17 03:30 PM

Thanks Gitter and BendaRod(WC) for the replies. Gitter: I have never fished for Carp during the winter. I have been told that they feed during the winter months and to take advantage of the warm spells. Going to give it a try this winter! cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 11/18/17 02:50 PM

You guys have caught some super Carp this year. Good job. cheers Been seeing a lot of nice ones far lower end. How about you? hmmm

Side Note: Seen some nice ones on the creeks as well. coolio

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 11/21/17 03:47 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply. I have seen plenty of Carp this year mainly in the deeper water bodies. As for the lower end I have seen a lot of nice ones as well. cheers
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 11/22/17 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks Gitter and BendaRod(WC) for the replies. Gitter: I have never fished for Carp during the winter. I have been told that they feed during the winter months and to take advantage of the warm spells. Going to give it a try this winter! cheers

Would love to see some winter carp postings.

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 11/25/17 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done

Would love to see some winter carp postings.

Hope to get you sum! thumb
Posted By: sae

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 11/26/17 12:27 AM

I landed and released a nice carp off my my dock while working on my boat.
About 5 ft. of water ,d'ont know the temp, but it did not mater.

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 11/28/17 01:32 AM

Thanks sae for the reply.
cheers I think carp feed all the time. Going to try to catch a few this winter. hooked

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 12/03/17 06:47 PM

Thanks Curtis for the reply. I have seen plenty of Carp this year mainly in the deeper water bodies. As for the lower end I have seen a lot of nice ones as well. cheers

Thanks Chuck. I might just have to rig up a pole or two and set up on some docks. Would love to hook into one on my flyrod! woot
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 12/05/17 10:06 PM

Carp fishing, so much fun! WTG guys!! cheers

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 12/11/17 03:45 AM

Thanks Yesenia for the reply! cheers Catching some BIG carp is a BLAST! rockon Curtis: The fight is worth it! boxing

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 12/12/17 02:37 PM

I have caught em on a regular rod and reel and had FANTASTIC FIGHTS! I could only imagine a fight on a flyrod! Catching carp on the fly is on my bucket list for sure. woot

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 01/04/18 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Laker One
I have caught em on a regular rod and reel and had FANTASTIC FIGHTS! I could only imagine a fight on a flyrod! Catching carp on the fly is on my bucket list for sure. woot

It would be a "Fight of a Lifetime" to get one of those BIG RIVER CARP on a flyrod! boxing Would love to see it! cheers
Posted By: cmc

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 01/06/18 01:09 PM

In the summer I pop grasshoppers with my flyrod in the rivers and usually catch carp each outing. They are a great fight and when the water is shallow the runs can be really long.

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 01/22/18 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By: cmc
In the summer I pop grasshoppers with my flyrod in the rivers and usually catch carp each outing. They are a great fight and when the water is shallow the runs can be really long.

I have a spot on a south Texas River that is shallow! Use night crawlers on my ultra light and get GREAT FIGHTS from the 3 to 5 pound carp boxing . Love the fight those fish produce. cheers
Posted By: Pwizzle89

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 02/02/18 07:04 PM

You are a carp expert!

Re: Fall Time Carping ! - 02/03/18 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Pwizzle89
You are a carp expert!

I wish I was! Just happen to be at the right place at the right time! Love that Carp FIGHT! boxing

Side Note: I owe a lot to the anglers who post in this section. I have learned a lot over the years by reading their post. It also helps to fish with someone who really knows about Carp fishing. Clayton aka The Wildman of the Navidad is a GREAT person to fish with! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum