Texas Fishing Forum

Fun day yesterday, carp and buffs

Posted By: jippedgenes

Fun day yesterday, carp and buffs - 06/19/17 02:01 PM

I was out at the boat slip with my buddies and their fams. they were catching bluegills and asked why they were not bigger. I immediately jumped into action and took some hamburger buns and mashed up some strawberries and made some dough. caught 6-7 buffs and a couple carp all between 4-12# I would holler em "YANK IT!" when one took the bait and the fight was ON! I was laughing my head off watching these 40-60# kiddos fight these fish I had to hang onto their life jackets so they did not get hauled in.

I had more fun watching them than catching myself.

could not get any of them to hold one but still a good day. Got a bunch of hugs when they all left.

just thought I would share my great day. (not my kids so I am not going to post up the pics) I remember when my son was enthusiastic about fishing now it is girls, jobs, college, cars ect.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fun day yesterday, carp and buffs - 06/19/17 02:18 PM

Sounds like you all had a blast. That is what fishing is all about. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Fun day yesterday, carp and buffs - 06/19/17 02:35 PM

Good job sounds fun
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fun day yesterday, carp and buffs - 06/22/17 01:14 AM

Super post! Enjoying the outdoors with some Lifetime Memories. cheers
Posted By: KQT

Re: Fun day yesterday, carp and buffs - 06/22/17 04:50 PM

Awesome, I'm a tpwd fishing instructor and my favorite pic is me with a maybe 7 year old girl who caught a 2 pound bass at a kids fish event. You had more fun than the kids I'm sure!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fun day yesterday, carp and buffs - 06/24/17 07:23 PM

Awesome post. woot
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Fun day yesterday, carp and buffs - 06/26/17 08:27 PM

Nice post!
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: Fun day yesterday, carp and buffs - 06/30/17 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Laker One
Awesome post. woot

+1
Posted By: CollinCountyCab

Re: Fun day yesterday, carp and buffs - 07/07/17 08:09 PM

Tell me more about this "hamburger bun and strawberry" dough....please.

Thanks
Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: Fun day yesterday, carp and buffs - 07/07/17 11:18 PM

Just took stale white bread hamburger buns and mashed up strawberries to a watery pulp, put them in a bowl with the buns and added just a little water at a time until I got a fairly firm dough texture and it would stay on a little hook. I used 6-7 buns and 7-8 strawberries if I remember correctly. Just add water a little at a time or you will end up with pudding.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum