Texas Fishing Forum

Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED !

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/03/17 12:07 PM

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Clayton "Wildman of the navidad" on BUSTING two OLD records. First of all one of the records was Clayton's past pending Catch&Release record just about two days old. Clayton had not yet submitted his paper work to Parks&Wildlife but had it ready to go. We fished the Guadalupe again yesterday and the bite was slow. We managed to catch one each very nice Commons one being Clayton's new Catch&Release Record and the Weight Record! We had a certified scale very close by! Clayton's fish was caught at the end of the trip. Clayton fought the fish for about 15 minutes and played the fish well! The fish was 37" in length, and the weight of the fish was 25.24 Lbs. The old weight record for the Guadalupe River was 9.10 Lbs and was 32" in length. The fish was released to fight again! Paper work was completed and will be sent to the Texas Parks&Wildlife Dept. Again CONGRATULATIONS Clayton on catching a fish of a Lifetime! Watching a super fight on a record fish! It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/03/17 04:41 PM

that is a bigun. and a big smile to boot
Posted By: 1960texan

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/03/17 04:55 PM

Wow. Congrats to Clayton! It seems like most records are broken by mere ounces, he obliterated the old record!
Posted By: Catfish-hunter

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/03/17 05:25 PM

He's a wild man for sure! Newest member to "the outlaw gang" seems to be a winner. thumb nice job thumb
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/03/17 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: jippedgenes
Originally Posted By: Catfish-hunter
He's a wild man for sure! Newest member to "the outlaw gang" seems to be a winner. thumb nice job thumb

Thank you all for the replys was a great fish and fight it had me speechless but the greatest catch of all was chucks rod that got sucked off the dock 20' away25 minutes later with a 15-17# common still on it I thought I had a turtle nope I had bankers reel hooked by the bail an a tree branch wrapped in to boot craziest thing I've ever seen

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/03/17 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: 1960texan
Wow. Congrats to Clayton! It seems like most records are broken by mere ounces, he obliterated the old record!
I tried my best

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/04/17 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Wildman of the navidad
Originally Posted By: jippedgenes
Originally Posted By: Catfish-hunter

Thank you all for the replys was a great fish and fight it had me speechless but the greatest catch of all was chucks rod that got sucked off the dock 20' away25 minutes later with a 15-17# common still on it I thought I had a turtle nope I had bankers reel hooked by the bail an a tree branch wrapped in to boot craziest thing I've ever seen

That was one GREAT CATCH. nuts What were the odds of getting that rig back especially with a 12 plus pound carp still hooked. juggle

That was a first for me. breakdance

Side note. Yes Sir CH part of the outlaw gang for sure. slinger
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/06/17 12:46 PM

Awesome fish Clayton and Congratulations on both of your records! Is this the biggest carp you have caught? Also do carp swim in groups or do the bigger ones stay by them selves?

Side Note: Also great catch on getting Chucks rig back. Especially with a huge carp still on the line!

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/06/17 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Awesome fish Clayton and Congratulations on both of your records! Is this the biggest carp you have caught? Also do carp swim in groups or do the bigger ones stay by them selves?

Side Note: Also great catch on getting Chucks rig back. Especially with a huge carp still on the line!

I have only lost a couple of rigs over the years while fishing! This was the first time ever I had one returned with a 12 to 15 plus pound carp on the other end! hammer

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/07/17 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done

thanks gitter and to answeryour question in my experience carp usually travel in paks from two to 12 based on what I've seen and caught in the rivers and creeks around me I hardly ever catch just one fish its usually none or a few ....also i most always see fish of the same weight class traveling together I've never seen lets say a 2 and a 8 pounder feeding in the same area like you would see two 8's feeding together

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/07/17 12:38 PM

And yes that is my biggest carp to date coolio

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/10/17 11:18 AM

And yes that is my biggest carp to date coolio

Clayton will break his PB this year! Some where on the Guadalupe River there is a 40 plus waiting to be caught. hooked
Posted By: fiSherwood

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/10/17 02:38 PM

Well done! Great catch!

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/11/17 03:24 AM

Thanks Mr Sherwood
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/21/17 02:08 PM

Again congrats on a catch of a lifetime. Beautiful fish.

side Note: I have heard that marshmallows work good as a bait. Any thoughts on that?

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/21/17 05:26 PM

I've seen videos of people using all sorts of candies marshmellows would pop up allowing it to get sucked up easier I'll have to try it and see
Posted By: Mike Doran

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/21/17 09:50 PM

Wow! Congrats!!!

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/22/17 01:48 AM

Thanks mike
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/23/17 11:32 AM

Man Wildman you are starting the year out with a BANG! Nice fish and SUPER congratulations on your RECORD fish! Good job. woot

Side Note: The Carp is on my flyrod bucket list! My personal best on the Rod&reel is just a little over 10 pounds!

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/24/17 01:30 AM

I thinks we need to get us a set of fly rods chuck

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/24/17 10:54 AM

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/25/17 01:17 AM

Thanks laker

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 03/25/17 09:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Laker One

roflmao roflmao roflmao

I love my UL SPINNING RIG! hooked

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 04/01/17 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing

roflmao roflmao roflmao

I love my UL SPINNING RIG! hooked

I was talking with a fly angler who said catching a carp on the fly is one of the best fights an angler can have. duel

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 04/01/17 09:36 PM

I could only imagine I caught one on my ul yesterday fought for a good fifteen minutes in the blanco river at my bosses place

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 04/01/17 09:38 PM

It took drag back an forthso much that my line balled up into a rat nest once I landed it

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 04/05/17 04:01 AM

I could only imagine I caught one on my ul yesterday fought for a good fifteen minutes in the blanco river at my bosses place

Very EXTREME FISHING! nuts I could not believe that spot and the conditions present to fish there! hammer

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 04/07/17 11:20 AM

Very EXTREME FISHING! nuts I could not believe that spot and the conditions present to fish there! hammer

noidea noidea noidea

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 04/07/17 01:23 PM

$

noidea noidea noidea
carp on the fly there could be doable

Re: Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Two RECORDS BUSTED ! - 04/13/17 10:20 AM

That spot would be impossible to fish with a flyrod! frkazoid
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum