Texas Fishing Forum

White Rock Grass Carp

Posted By: Jay_Walk

White Rock Grass Carp - 07/26/16 02:33 AM

[size:11pt][/size]
Hey yall, the girls and I were throwing our cast net at Winfrey Park Saturday night looking for some bigger shad, and we caught 4 or 5 grass carp that were about 6 to 10 inches long... Are there big grassers in White Rock, and what's the rule there... Automatic culling of grassers or mandatory release?
Jason
Posted By: whiterockjesse

Re: White Rock Grass Carp - 07/26/16 09:59 PM

there are big ones in there but hard to catch i was with my friend Chris fishing there once when he landed one that weight 36lbs and change , i caught one in the 30 lb range ( didnt weigh it, guesstimation ) and seen one dead floating ( about 24lbs lbs) so thats 3 ive seen in 15 years of carp fishing there .will hunt pictures later tonight the dead on

Posted By: dmunsie

Re: White Rock Grass Carp - 07/26/16 11:34 PM

6-10 inches long? I thought they couldn't reproduce?
Posted By: whiterockjesse

Re: White Rock Grass Carp - 07/26/16 11:41 PM

there are other lakes where they have been found( young ones ) where they were suppose to be sterile . so i can believe you caught some in a throw net

Re: White Rock Grass Carp - 07/26/16 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: whiterockjesse
there are other lakes where they have been found( young ones ) where they were suppose to be sterile . so i can believe you caught some in a throw net

wow..never knew that. Very cool.. thanks for clearing that up for me.
Posted By: buffaloman chris

Re: White Rock Grass Carp - 07/26/16 11:47 PM

36 pounds caught back in 2009

iv fished whiterock hundreds of times and this is the only grass carp iv ever caught. makes me wonder that there isnt a lot in there.

Re: White Rock Grass Carp - 07/27/16 05:17 PM

^^^ Awesome! smile wow...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum