Texas Fishing Forum

Carp Out in KY

Posted By: Pilothawk

Carp Out in KY - 05/22/16 02:00 PM

This is a media report of a local tournament up here. The more of those things killed, the better.

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/story/32030064/bowfishing-tournament-takes-aim-at-asian-carp-population
Posted By: Mike Doran

Re: Carp Out in KY - 05/22/16 03:21 PM

I believe this is the wrong section for your post. Not for anything bow fishing. Its funny how humans create what they call problems with invasive animals then kill those animals to solve those problems and smile while they do it! Humans are the problem. To many invasive humans world wide and the only fish out "humaning" are the sharks!
Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: Carp Out in KY - 05/22/16 06:44 PM

You get hit in the face at 60 mph by a flying carp, you'll think problem also.
Posted By: GoldenEye

Re: Carp Out in KY - 05/23/16 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pilothawk
You get hit in the face at 60 mph by a flying carp, you'll think problem also.

I hear what your saying Pilothawk. I've seen some pictures of people who have been hit by those Asian Carp. Swollen, cut up, black and blue, broken bones, they look like they've been in a bad bar fight. If I'm not mistaken some people have even been killed? I've read they spawn up to 4-5 times a year, and grow extremely fast. I hope they can contain them?

MikeDoran is right, it's a problem people created. Well you know what they say "When life gives you lemons make lemonade." Looks like alot of the fine folks in Kentucky are attempting to make a big commercial industry out of them. Lord willing, I hope they're successful? We sure don't need them spreading any farther than they already have.

Good video on the "Kentucky Tuna."
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum