Texas Fishing Forum

Windy White Caps Carp fishing Denton

Posted By: Mike Doran

Windy White Caps Carp fishing Denton - 12/27/15 12:09 AM

After sending out an open invite to carp fish in Denton Yesterday I got a few replies. We showed up around 10am with one guy who has very litte fishing experience and another guy who was more experienced but reletivly new to the thrills of big Carp fishing. Turned out to be a very productive day. I caught a total 9 carp with the biggest just over 16 pounds. One guy caught 2 and the other guy got 3 and the biggest of the day at 17lbs and 35 inches long. The wind was insane today with huge white caps and waves breaking on the shore. Wind was right on our face so it was tough to cast very far but that did not seem to matter because the fish were biting all morning. The last fish of the day was caught as we packed up from the rain. I always pack everything but the rods last just in case we get one last bite. With everything put away but one rod we heard a big clap a thunder followed by my favorite sound. The sound of my drag screaming away for one last fish and it was the big one! I had 2 doubles today fishing with only 3 rods. Always gets your blood flowing when you are fighting one fish and your other rods go off! Below are some pics of the bigger fish and the doubles. As always a great day to be fishing! Fish fought hard today and had some nice colors.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Windy White Caps Carp fishing Denton - 12/27/15 10:38 PM

Awesome post and some awesome fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Windy White Caps Carp fishing Denton - 12/31/15 07:59 PM

Nice fish. Good job. woot
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Windy White Caps Carp fishing Denton - 01/01/16 08:33 AM

Nice pics!
Posted By: greentumater

Re: Windy White Caps Carp fishing Denton - 01/01/16 06:51 PM

Cool carp!
Posted By: fiSherwood

Re: Windy White Caps Carp fishing Denton - 01/01/16 08:56 PM

Great catches!
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Windy White Caps Carp fishing Denton - 01/02/16 03:05 PM

Nice fish.

Re: Windy White Caps Carp fishing Denton - 01/15/16 04:48 AM

Today was probably the mosy windy conditions I have fished for carp. White caps on the water again. Fished from around 9 am till about 3pm and landed 7 common carp with 2 in the low teens

Re: Windy White Caps Carp fishing Denton - 01/15/16 08:46 PM

These are pics of the 2 bigger carp I caught yesterday at Northlakes both in the low teens.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum