Texas Fishing Forum

Ultra Light Tackle For Common Carp

Posted By: SharkBaitTV

Ultra Light Tackle For Common Carp - 09/30/15 03:04 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9adea9c24af0b7b2420d72c1&oe=568A3E58[/img]
[Linked Image]

just some good light tackle fun with the family, 4 pound line vs some good size common carp. we used sweet corn for bait with with small hooks a little split shot. i chum the area and fish a few rods in the area i chum. we landed 5 carp today in about 2 hours on the water
Posted By: greentumater

Re: Ultra Light Tackle For Common Carp - 09/30/15 11:09 AM

Great fun for the whole family!Theoretically you could catch 30lb+ monster carp on such a setup. In general they are played with just a few pounds of pressure.In reality though usually the strength of most knots break at about half the test rating of the line. In a snag free area I've often thought of an ultra lite setup with 20 pound braid for fun with the big ones. Nice job! flehan
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Ultra Light Tackle For Common Carp - 10/01/15 02:54 PM

Nice post! coolio Carp on a super fighting fish! boxing Love catching them on the Ultra Light! cheers
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Ultra Light Tackle For Common Carp - 10/12/15 06:39 PM

I catch a few on ultralight tackle with 10 pound test braid. If you net them you should be able to land anything up to 10 pounds or so. The ones I lose are trying to land them when I forget my net.
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: Ultra Light Tackle For Common Carp - 10/12/15 10:59 PM

I've always had good luck using corn for bait. I've landed a lot of smaller channels on it, too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum