Texas Fishing Forum

Annyone been to Emma lately?

Posted By: Paul Swider

Annyone been to Emma lately? - 09/18/15 01:13 PM

I'm taking some time off work in October (the week of the 19th) and was thinking about making a trip to Emma Long. I have been slacking on my fishing the past few years and haven't been out there in a long time. Has anyone been out there lately? Has much changed?

Thanks!
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Annyone been to Emma lately? - 09/18/15 01:44 PM

There have been a few reports from Emma that indicate the the grassers are plentiful and can make for a good trip. Way more grassers being caught than commons.
Posted By: CarlyMooMoo

Re: Annyone been to Emma lately? - 09/18/15 10:58 PM

If you haven't been there in a while, you'll be pleased to find out there's practically no hydrilla left. Haven't found any lately. But it's true. There's 10 grassers caught for every common.
Posted By: Pondbass

Re: Annyone been to Emma lately? - 09/18/15 11:49 PM

The grassers come and go, they seem to move in really big schools. When you are on them, you can forget any sleep, rest, eating, drinking, or really anything outside of reeling them in one after the other. They aren't small either, you can almost guarantee a 40+ down there. It can be pretty tiring but it's pretty amazing even if you aren't a huge fan of them. They move on and you have periods of rest, just don't bait up too heavily or you'll be on them forever.

If you aren't on them, you still catch big carp and buffalo. Last time I was down there in the spring I was catching all three species at the same time. It definitely isn't what it used to be, but Emma is still a place of dreams for a carp angler.
Posted By: buffaloman chris

Re: Annyone been to Emma lately? - 09/19/15 12:14 AM

last trip i had there we caught so many grassers we was releasing them in the water. and they was all between 15-20lbs. i cant wait for November when i take my week vacation there!
Posted By: Paul Swider

Re: Annyone been to Emma lately? - 09/19/15 09:20 AM

Thanks for the info!! I'm hoping some big buffs start to move in by mid-October!! Plan on taking my kayak too which will help baiting the area smile
Posted By: agfisher02

Re: Annyone been to Emma lately? - 09/21/15 01:52 PM

Fished out there this weekend just the other side of the ramp. Only was able to spend a few hours, but managed 3 small carp around 10lbs and one grasser around 15. I will be spending some time the first full week of Oct. which should have the boat traffic down a bit by then, and hopefully some Buffs back in the area.

The upper end of Travis and Lake Park on Marble Falls has been fishing well for numbers, but mostly in the 4-10lb range.
Posted By: greentumater

Re: Annyone been to Emma lately? - 09/21/15 03:30 PM

I have not fished much at all for several years but when I did I had one of my best days ever for numbers in late september at Emma with several mid to low thirties buff. 60lbs+ buff have been captured in october there.Good luck!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum