Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Bob Freshwater Drum

Posted By: TheSinistral

Ray Bob Freshwater Drum - 08/16/15 11:22 PM

Wasn't trying but caught a bunch of drum today at Ray Bob. If anyone fishes for these, just throw a z man shroom head with a TRD into a ball of baitfish and let it sit on bottom. It's a pretty aggressive bite and fun fight on 4lb tackle.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Ray Bob Freshwater Drum - 08/23/15 08:00 PM

They will hit slabs too when you be after sandies. My fish finder don't know what kind the fish are. All it sees are blips. So happens they were drum.
Posted By: NTX Fisherman

Re: Ray Bob Freshwater Drum - 08/31/15 07:06 PM

Last week I caught a big drum there on a 10 ft Model A crank bait.
Posted By: RangerBass21

Re: Ray Bob Freshwater Drum - 08/31/15 07:16 PM

Roberts is full of drum
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Ray Bob Freshwater Drum - 08/31/15 11:17 PM

Yep, full of them! Today we were fishing for crappie and caught two of them; one was about 3 lbs, and one - about a pound. Was fun, but very disappointing that they weren't crappie! They were stealing our minnows!! realmad
Posted By: Fishwfly

Re: Ray Bob Freshwater Drum - 09/01/15 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: TheSinistral
Wasn't trying but caught a bunch of drum today at Ray Bob. If anyone fishes for these, just throw a z man shroom head with a TRD into a ball of baitfish and let it sit on bottom. It's a pretty aggressive bite and fun fight on 4lb tackle.
I have tore up some drum on the Z-Man TRD too! Seems to be a solid lure for drum. Every time I have thrown one at the river I catch drum. I have also had carp take the lure.
Posted By: Cat finder

Re: Ray Bob Freshwater Drum - 09/01/15 08:39 PM

What color trd were you using?
Posted By: Fishwfly

Re: Ray Bob Freshwater Drum - 09/01/15 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Cat finder
What color trd were you using?
junebug and PB&J. I like the shad color too. By far Junebug has been the best around here.
Posted By: Cat finder

Re: Ray Bob Freshwater Drum - 09/02/15 08:13 PM

Thanks!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum