Texas Fishing Forum

Crafty Fox Bite Alarms - Anyone use these?

Posted By: dmunsie

Crafty Fox Bite Alarms - Anyone use these? - 05/14/15 04:22 PM

Was about to pull the trigger on some new Fox Int gear (expensive!) but then I saw this while searching around. Seems legit, but wow...the price is crazy....inexpensive. Is there a catch or did a legit competitor finally give Fox a run for their product?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Crafty-Fox-Wir...=item258c83aa45
Posted By: ScottEvil

Re: Crafty Fox Bite Alarms - Anyone use these? - 05/14/15 09:42 PM

They look like the typical no name brand bite alarm for sale with remote. They probably work great but will never compete with real Fox alarms.

Re: Crafty Fox Bite Alarms - Anyone use these? - 05/15/15 12:13 AM

I was thinking the same thing...but their feedback both in the US & UK Ebay stores is very good. There's just no way they would get that good of feedback if they were selling [censored]. For $130.00 you get a transmitter, 4 alarms with volume, tone, sensitivity, 4 illuminated hangers, case, batteries. Crazy....very tempted to check this out. It's $1000.00 cheaper than what I was looking at from Fox. lol...
Posted By: ScottEvil

Re: Crafty Fox Bite Alarms - Anyone use these? - 05/15/15 02:38 AM

plus $40 shipping
Posted By: greentumater

Re: Crafty Fox Bite Alarms - Anyone use these? - 05/15/15 06:36 AM

Dave you will need to get $130 worth of insurance for the real fox set, I will run off with them when your not looking. This set will only have multiple beeping tones. The real fox set can be programmed for A.M. wake up of zip-a dee-doo-da and lull ya to sleep with the star spangled banner.I got the cheapest Chinese 4 pack of alarms with no remote shipped to my door for $32 4 years ago.I really abused them.My cheap pvc rod holder would sometimes collapse and they would end up in the bottom of the lake. Sometimes they would still work without having to dry them out. 3 out of 4 still work great. The roller on one couldn't handle being in the lake multiple times but outside of that they are all still fully functional with greast sensitivity settings and lights tone volume controls work great. They always let me know when I got a fish on.If your loaded with cash or just want top notch and probable longer lasting set I bet the real fox set would be great also. You could great some really nice rods with that extra thousand dollars though.

Re: Crafty Fox Bite Alarms - Anyone use these? - 05/15/15 08:34 AM

lol... so true. smile I've been using Fox's previously top of the line (3) RX Digital Alarms + Transmitter for quite a while now. They're in great shape and have never failed. I've been trying to get a 4th Blue Rx alarm but they are not available anymore so I've been looking to upgrade to a newer 4 alarm system when these cheaper alternatives caught my eye. I'm probably going to purchase a complete Crafty Fox 4 alarm kit. Been doing some research and apparently they work fine. I have an email to the company, if they answer promptly that will go a long way. Still hard to believe, shipped to my door will costs less than $200.00 for a 4 alarm kit. hmm....

Re: Crafty Fox Bite Alarms - Anyone use these? - 05/15/15 03:33 PM

Dave if you already got a 3 alarm setup I hope you are not disappointed by the knockoffs.Are you sure you need a 4 alarm + transmitter setup that much? You been doing this a lot longer than me so I'm pretty sure you know what you want.For about $13 you could operate a fourth Chinese alarm that doesn't transmit and still have your quality real fox set.Are you sure you need a four rod set-up? Lots of advantages to a 3 rod setup.Fewer crossed lines with fish runs or doubles on, easier faster setup and takedown.I used to use a 4 rod setup but now use 3 or less and I think I can haul just as well.I kinda like keeping my bait fresher and fishing a tighter spot for feeding frenzy effect with fewer rods, but spreading out the 4 rod setup can have its advantages especially if yo9u don't know where the fish are.

Re: Crafty Fox Bite Alarms - Anyone use these? - 05/15/15 06:08 PM

Hi, thanks for the comments. Looks like I'm going somewhere slightly above the middle ground, heavy research is now pointing me to the Gardner (Advanced Technology Tackle) line of bite alarms. yah.... I thought about just adding a non transmitter alarm for the 4th, but I'm a bit picky and like to have everything matching, etc, etc. lol.. I like to walk around and do other things (casting out for bream, etc) while waiting for a bite so a transmitter is vital. Plus at my age, I tend to sleep more when fishing at night and it's nice to have the receiver wake me up. lol...

I agree sometimes when Carp fishing fewer rods is better. Especially when the bite is on. smile But now days I'm primarily fishing for catfish and gar so a 4 rod kit spread out should work well. However, I'm also looking forward to having the 2 middle rods just for carp/buffalo and the 2 outer rods for catfish/gar. That's going to be sweet. smile

Re: Crafty Fox Bite Alarms - Anyone use these? - 05/15/15 10:44 PM

Ok.Sounds like a plan.Good luck!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum