Texas Fishing Forum

Trapped Carp.

Posted By: BlueNitro

Trapped Carp. - 04/14/15 07:18 PM

This is to let all you bowfishermen or Englishmen know that the Carp are up in the drainage ditch next to my office. Would be easy pickings as they are in less than a foot of water and are very easy to see against the concrete background.

This is the bridge at Luna/Valwood Parkway and there are 1,000's that are trapped by the receding water. Come and get 'em!!!

That is all.
Posted By: Cat finder

Re: Trapped Carp. - 04/14/15 09:15 PM

Let me find out...
This should be renamed save the carp I'm headed there after work to get some and put them in a safe pond i fish in. bows are for hunting. A "MAN"fishes with a rod!
Posted By: ScottEvil

Re: Trapped Carp. - 04/14/15 09:33 PM

Bowfishing is lame

Re: Trapped Carp. - 04/14/15 10:35 PM

Nothin here but some small babies. Waist of time.
Posted By: MidwestFishers

Re: Trapped Carp. - 04/15/15 12:40 AM

id like to have some for gar bait, how small are they? & i agree, bows are hunting.

Re: Trapped Carp. - 04/15/15 12:51 AM

The water level went down and it's back to bank fishing. There are some in that pond tho.
Posted By: Tipps

Re: Trapped Carp. - 04/15/15 01:27 AM

That water went down really fast.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Trapped Carp. - 04/15/15 12:05 PM

Wow, you guys aren't lying about how quickly that water receded. When I took that picture, the water was hundreds of yards from that bridge and there were carp swimming way past the little foot bridge. There were 1000's of fish under that bridge. Maybe watch for the next big rain because we always see them in there when the water comes up. We have even seen gar and catfish.

I don't bowfish, thought some of you might.

Bowhunting Rules!!! Love the sport and more challenging than rifle hunting. Real 'Men' Bowhunt!!!
Posted By: bankman72

Re: Trapped Carp. - 04/18/15 04:13 AM

Hey thats right over by my office! I drive by there all the time. So do you think that after tonights rain that the fish will be back under than bridge tomorrow morning? I would assume that the water will come back up since we've got a good amount of rain tonight. Curious about trying it tomorrow morning early or in the afternoon.

That looks like the little bridge right across from the Dickeys BBQ I guess the fish come up that little concrete canal from that large lake to the south.

Re: Trapped Carp. - 04/18/15 04:32 AM

The pound that canal leads to is where their at. Might just do some good back there.

Edit: auto correct sucks. ..
Posted By: TEXAS TWO GUNS

Re: Trapped Carp. - 04/28/15 05:55 PM

Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was a bashing thread.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Trapped Carp. - 04/28/15 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: TEXAS TWO GUNS
Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was a bashing thread.

Really? I have never heard of a bashing thread.
Posted By: LoneStarCarper

Re: Trapped Carp. - 04/28/15 06:40 PM

Good terraki chicken place over there.
Posted By: Jons3825

Re: Trapped Carp. - 04/28/15 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: LoneStarCarper
Good terraki chicken place over there.

Thought I was the only one who went there. Place is always empty when I go.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum