Texas Fishing Forum

Season of the Gar

Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Season of the Gar - 06/17/18 10:21 PM

Read this while down in Florida, an excellent read what with TPWD beginning to focus more on this misunderstood species. Not for those looking for tips on how to fish for these creatures, but very informative on the species' plight here in America. With a range that once stretched from Canada to South America, these beauties have been extirpated throughout most of their range. The few that remain deserve our respect and protection. Highly recommend this book for any fishing enthusiast!
Season of the Gar - Mark Spitzer
Posted By: Droyhef

Re: Season of the Gar - 06/18/18 02:03 AM

I took mark Spitzer fishing once. He ended up bagging two 6'9" fish and one 7' fish. He is a cool dude, passionate about his subject matter.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Season of the Gar - 06/18/18 02:41 AM

Looks like a good read! Plan on getting the book! thumb

Re: Season of the Gar - 06/18/18 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Dawson Hefner
I took mark Spitzer fishing once. He ended up bagging two 6'9" fish and one 7' fish. He is a cool dude, passionate about his subject matter.

Awesome! In the book he references Bubba Bedre, who used to be a bowfisherman but now does catch and release guided tours for gator gar as well.

Re: Season of the Gar - 06/18/18 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Looks like a good read! Plan on getting the book! thumb

Check your libraries so you don't have to shell out a fortune on anything other than equipment/tackle. Found several useful books at mine.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Season of the Gar - 06/18/18 01:41 PM

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum