Texas Fishing Forum

Nice blue from Lewisville

Posted By: Jared D.

Nice blue from Lewisville - 03/21/16 06:56 PM

Saturday afternoon I was heading to Lewisville to see how the carp were biting. I have my son and his cousin that wanted to catch some fish and I figured getting some carp to bite is usually fairly easy and you can catch them pretty big. I took some corn and some home made dough bait.

The wind was blowing like 25 mph and the spot I was at was horrible as far as conditions go. Lots of brush and some flooded guard rails. I put out two poles with corn and one with my dough bait. About 20 minutes in I had a hit on my dough bait and pulled in a 2 pound channel. A few minutes later I got another bite on the doughbait. I switched the other two poles to my dough bait. Few minutes later another Channel about 1.5 pounds. Then 5 minutes later I had a huge hit. I was using 10 pound line and a rod really designed more for crappie than anything. I fought the fish for about 7 minutes navigating it through flooded brush and some metal guard rails that were flooded. I figured I had a nice carp on the line as I haven't ever caught a good catfish on dough bait. When I got it to shore, it turned over and I saw it was a nice blue. Ended up landing it. I guessed/figured around 10 pounds and measured 29.5 inches. My second largest rod and reel fish.

Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Re: Nice blue from Lewisville - 03/21/16 07:10 PM

always fun on light tackle
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Nice blue from Lewisville - 03/21/16 08:32 PM

Nice fish! thumb
Posted By: Sidewinder03

Re: Nice blue from Lewisville - 03/21/16 08:53 PM

Nice blue did you weigh her?
Posted By: Luke57

Re: Nice blue from Lewisville - 03/22/16 10:16 AM

Good catch