Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Cypress Springs

Posted By: TWT95

Lake Cypress Springs - 12/30/15 01:41 AM

Our neighbor sent me an email yesterday telling me that one of my pontoons had floated out of its sling due to the flooding. Spent an hour in the water checking on my stuff, his, and another neighbors boat house. Thank God for wetsuits. Neighbor had sandbags holding back the lake.

Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Lake Cypress Springs - 12/30/15 03:46 AM

WoW!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Cypress Springs - 12/30/15 04:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Fishbonz
WoW!!

Plus #1. OMG
Posted By: Banjo Lure

Re: Lake Cypress Springs - 12/30/15 06:58 AM

good thing the rocking chair wasn't hurt.
Posted By: river-rat

Re: Lake Cypress Springs - 12/30/15 02:13 PM

That's crazy
Posted By: Mantooth

Re: Lake Cypress Springs - 12/30/15 02:25 PM

Hate to see a lake come up so high. One of my business partners keeps his boat on Cypress Springs. Stored it with the plug out. When the water rose, the boat floated off and filled with water. It wound up beached and mostly submerged. Probably a total loss.
Posted By: TWT95

Re: Lake Cypress Springs - 12/30/15 08:17 PM

This was the second time this month. First time wasn't near this bad. I had to get out in the water both times, but the first time I wore tall rubber boots and it didn't come up over them. This last round of rain hit hard and fast. The water can only flow into Bob Sandlin so fast, but there are so many creeks feeding into Cypress Springs that the over flow doesn't keep up. The boat houses on Bob Sandlin that I could see from the dam were also flooded as water was draining from Cypress into it. Clean up starts this weekend I guess.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum