Texas Fishing Forum

Be Careful Out There !!!!

Posted By: Lee in Texas

Be Careful Out There !!!! - 05/18/15 11:55 AM

Don't think I could think of ANYTHING that would ruin a good fishing trip any worse than this! (or the rest of your life?) ....
Ya'll be careful out there....
God Bless
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Be Careful Out There !!!! - 05/18/15 12:58 PM

Yes Sir. Common since and good judgement will go a long way. OMG
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Be Careful Out There !!!! - 05/18/15 02:11 PM

sick
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Be Careful Out There !!!! - 05/18/15 02:21 PM

Ouch! Got to be careful for sure. eeks
Posted By: mstring

Re: Be Careful Out There !!!! - 05/18/15 02:40 PM

One of my Dad's friends yanked on a T-rig that was hung on a limb just above the water. It came back and hit him in the eye. The bullet weight slid around behind the eyeball. He lost the eye.
Posted By: Luke57

Re: Be Careful Out There !!!! - 05/19/15 01:20 PM

Always wear a good pair of sunglasses
Posted By: DustyHartOutdoors

Re: Be Careful Out There !!!! - 05/22/15 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Luke57
Always wear a good pair of sunglasses

+1
Posted By: 67TexasTBend

Re: Be Careful Out There !!!! - 05/23/15 10:52 PM

That picture is really tuff to look at.
Posted By: Aaron B.

Re: Be Careful Out There !!!! - 05/26/15 07:04 PM

ouch
Posted By: Hewey64

Re: Be Careful Out There !!!! - 05/26/15 07:09 PM

When I was in junior high, I once pierced the ear of my grandfather’s best friend with a Mepps spinner bait while fishing schooling whites. Perfect piercing too. Right through the middle of the ear lobe. I thought he should keep the new ear ring.
Posted By: Jared D.

Re: Be Careful Out There !!!! - 05/26/15 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: mstring
One of my Dad's friends yanked on a T-rig that was hung on a limb just above the water. It came back and hit him in the eye. The bullet weight slid around behind the eyeball. He lost the eye.

I got two for you. I had a line that was hung and I was pulling on the line to try and break it free. The hook snapped and the egg weight hit me a few inches below my eye. Im pretty sure I would have had at least some eye damage if it had hit the eye. Left a big bruise on my cheek.

Second one. My cousin was dating this girl, they were both about 20 years old. He convinced her to both go down to the lake to put the boat in and get it running as it hadn't been started in months. They went down, cranked it up. He then asked her since they were already on the water to let him throw a few cast. She agreed. He has a crank bait on, and about 3-4 cast later, one of the hooks caught her in the cheek. Barb went through and everything. Ended up in the emergency room. Needless to say, the broke up....I doubt this was the main reason but it was probably the kicker.
Posted By: wesbradshaw

Re: Be Careful Out There !!!! - 05/27/15 03:32 PM

That just turned my stomach. Ouch
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum