Texas Fishing Forum

Uploading photos from I phone?

Posted By: PettyBigBass

Uploading photos from I phone? - 07/13/18 01:27 PM

When I try to attach a photo from my iPhone into a post on TFF, it tells me it must be in a JPEG format. I googled a solution and went through the steps recommended so the Photos are automatically converted to JPEG but I still can’t attach. Is it possible to attach a photo directly from my iPhone?
Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Re: Uploading photos from I phone? - 07/13/18 05:11 PM

It's possible, but it still has to be under 4MB. With a good camera your photos will almost always be more than this. A simple workaround without compromising quality is to upload it to an image hosting website such as Imgur or TinyPic and then use the "enter an image" function to the left of "upload image" to insert it from the URL. I really like this method as it still looks the same on the forum, but you can right-click and select "open image in new tab" to view it in full resolution. Example below:

Hope this helps!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Uploading photos from I phone? - 07/13/18 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: PettyBigBass
Is it possible to attach a photo directly from my iPhone?

I do it all the time from my iPhone. hmmm
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: Uploading photos from I phone? - 07/19/18 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: TXMulti-Species
It's possible, but it still has to be under 4MB. With a good camera your photos will almost always be more than this. A simple workaround without compromising quality is to upload it to an image hosting website such as Imgur or TinyPic and then use the "enter an image" function to the left of "upload image" to insert it from the URL. I really like this method as it still looks the same on the forum, but you can right-click and select "open image in new tab" to view it in full resolution. Example below:

Hope this helps!

Holy Carp!!! Nice fish.
Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Re: Uploading photos from I phone? - 07/19/18 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By: H2ODawg67
Holy Carp!!! Nice fish.

Hehe. Gotta show off the biggun!
That was one of my first fish from there, I've gotten close but still haven't beat it.
Posted By: JasperJason

Re: Uploading photos from I phone? - 07/19/18 10:39 AM

This was very helpful. Thanks for the tip!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum