Texas Fishing Forum

Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain

Posted By: Sandog

Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/16/18 01:48 PM

Found this boat yesterday on the bottom...

Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/16/18 01:52 PM

Nice picture. I have seen several sunken boats on my graph over the years! It's always interesting to see them.
Posted By: Luke57

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/16/18 01:57 PM

Nice picture
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/16/18 04:01 PM

Belongs to dennis rodman
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/16/18 07:15 PM

Did you fish it?? I would have fished it OMG
Posted By: TGalyon1

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/16/18 09:05 PM

What unit are you using? I am looking at the Hook2 7 combo pak. Have not talk to anyone that has used them other than Lowrance rep

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/17/18 12:21 AM

Helix 10 Mega SI
Posted By: sae

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/18/18 12:30 AM

if it was rodmans boat people died and he skated.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/18/18 01:17 AM

His boat was supposed to be in Lewisville
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/18/18 02:06 AM

Neat picture! thumb
Posted By: toddfish

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/18/18 02:10 AM

thumb
Posted By: 361V

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/18/18 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan
His boat was suppose to be on Lewisville but mysteriously disappeared off the lake right after a woman got run over and maimed by one that fit the same description.
Posted By: Kerry Dugan

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/18/18 02:47 AM

Doesn't look like its been there very long, wonder if it was from the accident from a few months ago. I think back in November is when it was, A guy, wife and 2 kids went in the water when their boat started taking on water and sank. The father did not survive.

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/18/18 02:46 PM

This thing is so close to shore I would hate to think someone didn't make it. Houses very close too. I bet it is a different boat.
Posted By: Kerry Dugan

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/18/18 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Sandog
This thing is so close to shore I would hate to think someone didn't make it. Houses very close too. I bet it is a different boat.

They found him in 5ft of water around pelican island. was cold when they went into water. I'm sure that played a huge part in it.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/19/18 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: 361V
Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan
His boat was suppose to be on Lewisville but mysteriously disappeared off the lake right after a woman got run over and maimed by one that fit the same description.

It probably ended up in the Bermuda Triangle or dismantled somewhere
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/19/18 11:22 PM

Great picture.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/21/18 01:27 AM

No I know Right where that boat is it’s not his. This is by the old Rosier Park, off the point where that farm is. I have almost the same exact picture of my graph of it! Trying to find my screen shot

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/21/18 01:43 AM

Correct. Exactly where it is.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/21/18 05:48 AM

Cool pic

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/21/18 05:58 PM

Found my pic of it!
Posted By: Longeye

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/21/18 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Clark3
Found my pic of it!

Check the livewell, it might have some good eating bass in it.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/22/18 01:29 PM

FYI. Mine and a friends slip was right next to Rodman’s boat on Lewisville. I was on the lake that night with my boss. We came back to the marina that night just as the girl was being airlifted out. Rodman was not in town the night this happened. My buddy that I shared a slip with was also out of town but turned into a suspect briefly when someone turned him in for having a broken arm. The Texas Rangers handled the investigation
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/22/18 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Notaguide
FYI. Mine and a friends slip was right next to Rodman’s boat on Lewisville. I was on the lake that night with my boss. We came back to the marina that night just as the girl was being airlifted out. Rodman was not in town the night this happened. My buddy that I shared a slip with was also out of town but turned into a suspect briefly when someone turned him in for having a broken arm. The Texas Rangers handled the investigation

Interesting
Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/22/18 01:51 PM

That's cool.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/22/18 06:00 PM

coolphotos Both boat pictures are kind of eerie seeing them on the bottom of the lake. Gets your mind wondering what happened to get them there.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/23/18 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: pop r
coolphotos Both boat pictures are kind of eerie seeing them on the bottom of the lake. Gets your mind wondering what happened to get them there.

A bilge hose breaking, aeroator seals gone bad or hose breaking...no mystery to me...drain plug not installed and operator not knowing how to deal with it...man, the list goes on...ask me why I prefer aluminum boats over fiberglass boats...
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/23/18 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat

A bilge hose breaking, aeroator seals gone bad or hose breaking...no mystery to me...drain plug not installed and operator not knowing how to deal with it...man, the list goes on...ask me why I prefer aluminum boats over fiberglass boats...

Insurance scam. gumshoe
Posted By: 361V

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/23/18 04:05 PM

OK, why do you prefer aluminum boats? Cus they cost way less? Ride rough? Cus they sure don’t float. :-)
Posted By: Dan_n_Texas

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/24/18 12:32 AM

Never understood how one makes out fish on these side cams.

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/24/18 12:37 AM

OK, why do you prefer aluminum boats? Cus they cost way less? Ride rough? Cus they sure don’t float. :-)

Everyone knows a aluminum boat won’t sink if you leave the plug put like a fiberglass boat will
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/24/18 03:55 PM

Everyone knows a aluminum boat won’t sink if you leave the plug put like a fiberglass boat will

I'll take my foam filled fiberglass boat and you take your aluminum. Fill them up with water and then we can ride back to the boat ramp. My bilge pump went out at the coast when it was nasty and pouring rain. Both plugs drained for 40 minutes when I got back to the boat ramp. Top end speed was about 4 mph less than normal.

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/24/18 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033

I'll take my foam filled fiberglass boat and you take your aluminum. Fill them up with water and then we can ride back to the boat ramp. My bilge pump went out at the coast when it was nasty and pouring rain. Both plugs drained for 40 minutes when I got back to the boat ramp. Top end speed was about 4 mph less than normal.

I was Being sarcastic. I don’t own an aluminum boat
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/24/18 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033

I was Being sarcastic. I don’t own an aluminum boat

I apologize. I thought you were an idiot. hmmm
Posted By: jasonslabseeker

Re: Sidecan discovery at Eagle Mountain - 02/28/18 12:00 AM

coolphotos
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum