Texas Fishing Forum

Kicked out yesterday

Posted By: bush hog

Kicked out yesterday - 11/02/17 01:09 PM

The wife wanted to clean house and told me to skeedadle for the day.....no problem. The rain quit about 8am and I was on the water at 9. Haven't fished Martin Creek in awhile and it sure is low. Could not find any crappie in the usual places (bridges) and the wind was getting tough. Remembered some laydowns that I had marked last year and they were somewhat out of the wind also. Sure enough, the fish were right on bottom (23ft.) Had to step up to a 1/8oz jig because of the wind. Send it all the way to the bottom and slowly reel up one to two turns. If you didn't get a light tap by the 2nd turn then start over. Finished with 23. Catch and release day.

Posted By: Buff2

Re: Kicked out yesterday - 11/02/17 01:14 PM

congrats
Posted By: Mangosteen

Re: Kicked out yesterday - 11/02/17 01:56 PM

Nice fish. Glad you found found!
Posted By: CollinCountyCab

Re: Kicked out yesterday - 11/02/17 02:25 PM

Perfect Hall Pass!
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Kicked out yesterday - 11/02/17 03:09 PM

Sounds like you both cleaned house...good deal.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Kicked out yesterday - 11/02/17 04:15 PM

clap

Re: Kicked out yesterday - 11/02/17 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: CollinCountyCab
Perfect Hall Pass!
Yep...act like you are trying to help but be sure and get in the way as much as possible. roflmao
Posted By: AggieKayak

Re: Kicked out yesterday - 11/02/17 07:23 PM

Dude....that is genius!!!! lol
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Kicked out yesterday - 11/02/17 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: bush hog
Originally Posted By: CollinCountyCab
Perfect Hall Pass!
Yep...act like you are trying to help but be sure and get in the way as much as possible. roflmao

Pair of red socks in the whites and your out of doing laundry! Drink a few beers while your old lady runs to the store and give half her stuff away during her garage sale and your off the hook for that one as well!! roflmao
Posted By: old76angler

Re: Kicked out yesterday - 11/03/17 12:06 AM

Whats going on at lake x ? haven't been in while.

Re: Kicked out yesterday - 11/03/17 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: old76angler
Whats going on at lake x ? haven't been in while.

Was doing good on boat docks for awhile but the last two weeks brush piles have been the ticket. The bite has been very light. Haven't tried any standing timber. Caught some nice ones in Jones Branch....haven't done that in a long while. Hope you're doing well and maybe see you under the bridge before too long.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Kicked out yesterday - 11/03/17 04:20 AM

Nice fish. thumb
Posted By: old76angler

Re: Kicked out yesterday - 11/04/17 02:55 AM

Wife & I fished the bridge awhile this evening caught 5, 2 were nice, they are not there
yet.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum