Texas Fishing Forum

Bladed jig heads

Posted By: Resh

Bladed jig heads - 10/25/17 07:28 PM

When do you use roadrunner type jig heads for crappie? Do you use them for bottom bouncing or letting them swing over brush or for vertical jigging also? Mainly in stained water or windy conditions?
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Bladed jig heads - 10/25/17 07:44 PM

I personally don't use them very much just because they are so expensive. When I do use them, it tends to be when I am casting or fishing in dirty water. You can use them at any time though.
Posted By: MilesHunter

Re: Bladed jig heads - 10/25/17 08:03 PM

You can use them anytime. Let the fish tell you what they want. If the action has been fast and the crappie want the bait moving, that's generally when I'll tie on a roadrunner.
Posted By: The_ProFISHional

Re: Bladed jig heads - 10/25/17 09:04 PM

I'm usually casting my roadrunner, sometimes even under a bobber.
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: Bladed jig heads - 10/27/17 03:58 AM

I use roadrunner jigheads mostly for white bass fishing since they are found in open water. I can't ever remember using them while crappie fishing.
Posted By: OFBHWG

Re: Bladed jig heads - 10/27/17 01:52 PM

Cheaper way is to just buy the individual blades them selves and tie above the jig! Much cheaper!
Posted By: Resh

Re: Bladed jig heads - 10/27/17 06:34 PM

Thank you for the responses. I figured it may be a way to attract some attention for times not just vertical jigging. Maybe it doesn't matter though, if I get into anything good I'll let you know thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum